Berta Excellence in Education Workshop Series
|Date: Thursday, August 25th, 2011||Return to Archive|
The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU will host the Berta Excellence in Education Workshop Series for parents and educators of gifted and talented children October 24 and 25. The Berta series focuses on the social and emotional needs of gifted children. Thanks to the generosity of the Berta family, the events are free and open to the public. Both sessions will be held at the Carroll Knicely Center, 2355 Nashville Road, Bowling Green, KY.
The presenter is Dr. Tom Hébert, author of Understanding the Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Students. Dr. Hébert is a professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Georgia. Prior to teaching graduate classes, he worked with gifted students at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
Parents Celebrating the Social and Emotional Lives of Their Gifted Children
Monday, October 24, 6:30 – 8 p.m. (CDT)
Understanding the Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Students (for Educators) (EILA credit available)
Tuesday, October 25, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (CDT)
The registration form is available on The Center for Gifted Studies website, www.wku.edu/gifted. Please submit it via fax (270.745.6279), email (email@example.com), or by mailing it to the address listed on the form. There is more information about The Center’s educational offerings on The Center for Gifted Studies website under Programming.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.