- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
Press Release: Vicky Rosa named Executive Director of WKU Health Services
|Author: Kathryn Steward|
Date: Thursday, July 14th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Vicky Rosa named executive director of WKU HealthServices
She was the director of Butler University Health Services for 13 years before accepting the WKU position.
Rosa is a registered nurse and has worked in the coronary unit of St. Francis Hospital for two years. Then she served three years as the assistant head nurse at the Methodist Hospital Trauma Center, which led to her 15-year tenure as the practice administrator at the Methodist Medical Group.
Rosa said she was attracted to WKU because of all the offerings Health Services provided, especially how services are provided to all students, faculty, staff and their families. Patient visits are up 5.6 percent for the first half of 2011 and up 86.8 percent since 2006.
"A student, employee or their family may utilize the service as their primary care facility," Rosa said. "The fact that you don't need to send someone off campus is wonderful."
"This is just a wonderful opportunity and I'm honored that I was asked to come to WKU to work," Rosa said.
While at Butler University, Rosa advocated many progressive changes in the university health services system, including collaborating with the Student Government Association to raise funds for health services, helping develop an immunization tracking compliance system that raised compliance from 25 percent to 99 percent, and beginning a Human Papillomavirus, or HPV, Awareness Program on campus.
Rosa said her communication and networking skills have given her opportunities to make national and local speeches on issues like the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), HPV and sexually transmitted infections.
Rosa is a member of the American College Health Association, the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, the Mid-America College Health Association and the American Nurses Association.
"College health has allowed me to bring together all of my experiences as a RN and health administrator to provide health and wellness to our students," Rosa said.
Rosa said her background in critical care, emergency and trauma along with her experiences at two multi-specialty healthcare facilities have given her an appreciation for the mind, body and spirit.
Contact: Terri Cunningham, (270) 745-3491.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Changes are being made to Faculty / Staff parking
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,