Second candidate concludes executive director search
|Author: Terri Cunningham|
Date: Thursday, May 26th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:06 pm
The second finalist for the open position of Executive Director of Health Services, Vicky Rosa, took part in the second of two open forums at the Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium Wednesday morning.
Joe Harbaugh, captain of professional standards for WKU police and head of the search committee, said one of the two candidates will be hired within the next couple of weeks.
Rosa, a registered nurse with a Master's degree in Health Administration from College of St. Francis, spoke briefly about her experience in the field and took questions from an audience of 30 WKU faculty and staff members.
During her time at Butler, Rosa expanded services to students, created an HPV awareness program, implemented electronic health records and created a Women's and Men's Health Clinic, which was paid for by the student government association and the university.
Rosa said she applied for the job because WKU's campus is larger than Butler's and has many things to offer.
As for her strengths and ideas, Rosa said an open-door policy is most important in order to maintain communication with the staff and students. She also added that collaboration with people in other areas on campus is key.
The first candidate, Tom Jevas, took part in a similar forum Tuesday morning.
First candidate for Health Services director position visits campus
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Kathy Trulock achieves certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.