First candidate for Health Services director position visits campus
|Author: Terri Cunningham|
Date: Wednesday, May 25th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Tom Jevas, the first finalist for the open position of Executive Director of Health Services, took part in an open forum at the Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Jevas, who has been in the health care industry for more than 30 years, spoke briefly about his experience in the field and took questions from an audience of more than 25 WKU faculty and staff members.
Most recently, Jevas was employed as an administrator of diagnostic services with Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians Inc., based in Columbus, Ohio, where he was responsible for developing and implementing complementary diagnostic services. He held the position for 11 years before being let go when the company decided to reduce administrative costs. But Jevas said he's still on good terms with the practice and received its recommendation.
Jevas said he is interested in working at WKU because it's a worthy cause, new environment and he enjoys a challenge. He also added that he's looking for stability and is loyal to his employer.
As for the difference in managing a small staff versus a larger staff, Jevas said it's easier to manage a smaller staff, but over the years he's learned to do the same with a larger staff and function as a team.
"The whole focus is the patient or customer," he said. "They're the whole purpose. You don't exist without them."
The second candidate, Vicky Rosa, will take place in a similar open forum from 10-11 a.m. Wednesday in the MMTH Auditorium.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.