Hardin Planetarium to present ‘Curiosity Climbs’ Aug. 26-Oct. 12
|Date: Friday, August 22nd, 2014||Return|
Curiosity Climbs: The Extended Mission on Mars will be presented Aug. 26-Oct. 12 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium.
The rover Curiosity (Mars Science Laboratory) touched down on the Martian surface on Aug. 6, 2012. Though its two-year anniversary is just past, June 24, 2014, was the official end of Curiosity’s prime mission, which lasted one Martian year. Now its next mission is underway: to find habitable environments that could preserve organic compounds, and to look at the major environment changes around Mount Sharp (its landing site) over Mars’ lifetime, with the hope of learning the key to the evolution of possible life on Mars’ surface in the past.
Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free. Note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted. The Hardin Planetarium is located at the corner of College Heights Boulevard and State Street.
Show times and dates are:
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 28, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 31, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 2, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 4, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 7, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 14, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 16, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 21, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 28, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 30, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 2, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 5, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 9, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 12, 2 p.m.
Contact: Hardin Planetarium, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academy’s eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,