- Current Headlines
- WKU In the News
- University Photography
- Emergency Communications
- Broadcast Services
- View From the Hill
- How To Get the Word Out
- Placing Your Event on the WKU Events Calendar
- WKU News on Facebook
- WKU News on Twitter
- iWKU Mobile App
- At-WKU Newsletter
- Media Resources
- Back to Public Affairs
High school students attend 2014 ASSET Conference at WKU
|Date: Friday, June 20th, 2014||Return|
WKU’s Department of Agriculture hosted 27 students at the ASSET (Agriculture Students Striving for Effective Tomorrows) Conference June 15-19.
The five-day conference is designed for students who have completed their junior year of high school and are interested in attending college and studying agriculture. The conference focused on activities that consist of leadership, communication and social development; making the most of a college experience; and created awareness of the opportunities within the agriculture industry.
Activities included visiting Whiskers Catfish Farm, the WKU Art Department, learning problem-solving skills at the WKU Challenge Course, and completing a community service project at Weldon Peete Park.
ASSET counselors included Molley Scott of Munfordville, head counselor; Ashley Cottrell of Magnolia; Dylan Gipson of Sonora; Mikayla Grider of Tompkinsville; Keith Reesor of Cecilia; Jared Scott of Sparta; Alexis Skaggs of Rineyville; Bryan Smith of Springfield; and Eden Tharpe of Elizabethtown.
ASSET participants included Marie Bezold of Moscow, Ohio; Brittany Brangers of Cecilia; Taylor Brooks of Glendale; Tori Carter of Salvisa; Suzanna Cooke of Owenton; Turner Cottrell of Magnolia; Wesley Estes of Auburn; Felicia Hornback of Hodgenville; Bradley James of Sturgis; Erin Masterson of Sonora; Jo Lynne May of Franklin; Julia McClain of Georgetown; Tiffany Ngo of Louisville; Anthony Osbourne of Springfield; Craig Powell of Big Clifty; Julie Redding of West Lafayette, Ind.; Tatiana Rogers of Rineyville; Clayton Ryan of Rineyville; Sydney Sabash of Clarksville, Tenn.; Hannah Sharp of Big Clifty; Nicholas Stuart of Lewisburg; Blake Thomas of Loretto; Kodi Thompson of Tompkinsville; Jonathan Vinson of Rockfield; Amber Walters of Bonnieville; Casey Whitlock of Campbellsville; and Taylor Worthington of Harrodsburg.
Contact: Agriculture Department, (270) 745-3151.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!
Sr. Vir Patel earned the Secondary Student Technology Award, alumnus William Roach-Barrette earned the Post-Secondary Student Technology Award, and The Gatton Academy earned the Secondary Educational Institution Technology Award along with the LaRue Co.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,