‘Night Sky Stories’ May 25-July 10 at Planetarium; summer camp July 7-11
|Date: Wednesday, May 14th, 2014||Return|
Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 2 p.m. Sunday through July 10.
About the show: Summer, more than any other season of the year, is a time for stargazing. Whether you are lucky enough to observe from a rural setting or find yourself looking skyward from a brightly lit town, this show is designed to help you become more familiar with the star patterns visible in the summer evenings. Share the glory of the celestial sphere as we look for ways to help identify them and remember the patterns they make.
The show is free and suitable for all ages. Note: The show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
Show times and dates are:
- Sunday, May 25, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 27, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 29, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 1, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 3, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 5, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 8, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 10, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 12, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 15, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 17, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 19, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 22, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 24, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, June 26, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, June 29, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 1, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 3, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 6, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 8, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 10, 7 p.m.
Note: The current show, When the Universe Was Young, ends on May 22.
Planetarium, Confucius Institute hosting summer camp July 7-11
The camp will begin at 8 a.m. at the Chinese Learning Center in Helm Library where campers will engage in Chinese art, Chinese paper cutting, Chinese brush-painting, learning Chinese language, practicing Chinese Kungfu and Taichi, Chinese calligraphy, and painting Beijing Opera masks.
Each afternoon, camp will move to the Hardin Planetarium, where the SCI (Science Curiosity Investigation) camp will include such topics as kite making, comets, the solar wind, paper making and natural dyes, constellations, the compass, Moon phases, eclipses, musical scales, and wind chimes.
Registration is limited to 20 students. Registration may be completed online at http://www.wku.edu/hardinplanetarium/camp.php or in person at the Hardin Planetarium. Registration fee is $195 and includes project materials and daily snacks; campers bring their own lunch.
Contact: Hardin Planetarium, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
November 26th -November 30th
November 26th - November 30th
Forty parents, educators, counselors, and administrators came to Bowling Green November 5 to hear a leading authority on twice-exceptional education at the 2014 Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners Seminar.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,