Enactus Team Receives Grant
|Date: Monday, January 20th, 2014||Return|
WKU Enactus Team Receives $1500 Grant from
the Coca-Cola Uncap Opportunities for Women Project
The Uncap Opportunities for Women Project Partnership, supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, mobilizes United States Enactus teams to empower women to raise their quality of life and standard of living by collaborating with a community-based organization serving women or a woman-owned small/niche business. This year, Western Kentucky University is proud to announce that the WKU Enactus team has been selected to receive a $1,500 grant for its Community Threat project from The Coca-Cola Foundation.
The Women’s Economic Empowerment Project Partnership is an Enactus program sponsored by Wal-Mart that empowers women by providing entrepreneurial and workforce skills through Enactus teams. This partnership is a unique opportunity to galvanize Enactus teams to enable women to contribute to their family’s financial success. The Wal-Mart Women’s Economic Empowerment Project Partnership will educate and empower women with the skills and confidence necessary to get a job, maintain a healthy lifestyle and obtain a voice.
Enactus at WKU proud to receive $1,500 grant from Coca cola and $1,500 grant from Wal-Mart. This is the second time that Enactus WKU has received the Women’s Economic Empowerment grant from Wal-Mart.
Community Threads is WKU Enactus project in Bowling Green, Kentucky that aims to create partnerships to empower local refugee and immigrant artisans through self-sufficient craft enterprise, foster community building and connections, value community fiber traditions, and foster cultural sustainability for newcomer and refugee communities. Community Threads is a partnership between local refugee artisans and their families, CEDARS, the Bowling Green International Center, Greenwood Park Church of Christ, the WKU ALIVE Center for Community Partnerships, and the WKU Department of Folk Studies & Anthropology.
The Western Kentucky Enactus team has partnered with these talented weavers to help advance their profits, as well as business knowledge in the American Society. It is WKU Enactus’ goal to empower these women to be able to sell their products on their own and to one day enable them to own their own businesses. Enactus team will use part of the money to help weavers with improve English skills, broaden markets, and expand independence.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Have a Special Event This Summer? Let us know!
Finals Week is May 11 to May 15th.
The Cooperative Center for Study Abroad (CCSA) has selected Dr. Royal Berglee as the new Chair of the Board of Trustees.
The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky has been named to The Washington Postís list of top-performing schools with elite students for the seventh consecutive year.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,