Marketing Class Partners with Cave City Tourism
|Date: Friday, August 30th, 2013||Return to Archive|
The Cave City Tourist and Convention Commission is pleased to announce their partnership with the Marketing Department of the Gordon Ford College of Business (GFCB) and the Interior Design Department in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences at Western Kentucky University.
“We are very pleased that Dr. Patricia Todd agreed to provide this opportunity to her upper level students to use the Cave City Branding Strategy project as a model for real-life statistical and marketing study,” states Tourism Director Sharon Tabor. “Every town and city should evaluate themselves on a regular basis, just as private industry consistently examines their relevance to the company’s target market. This project will help provide focus to Cave City’s marketing efforts and develop a promotional strategy. It will also provide direction for city improvements and future vision.”
The Cave City Branding Committee has been distributing visitor and resident surveys throughout the summer. The GFCB students will tabulate the results and present opinions and ideas for tourism marketing and community priorities to the committee.
“As an applied College of Business, we value the opportunity to collaborate with the community. Taking what is learned in the classroom and applying it to real-world situations is the ideal learning experience for our students,” said Dr. Jeffrey Katz, Dean of the Gordon Ford College of Business.
Cave City Tourism Commission has also entered into partnership with Shelia Flener, an interior design instructor in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences. “We are excited to provide a real-life project to our junior interior design students at the Mammoth Cave Area Welcome Center in Cave City,” states Ms. Flener.
“The current Welcome Center has two business entities intermingled”, states Jeff Lawson, Chamber of Commerce President. “This design project will allow us the ability to separate the Chamber of Commerce functions and the Welcome Center into two offices, making customer and visitor interaction more effective,” he says.
“As part of this re-design concept, we want to introduce and expand the community’s sustainable foundation by repurposing local items to retrofit the building interior,” states Tourism Director Sharon Tabor. “We are excited to see what creative ideas the students present for our rehab.”
The marketing and design concepts generated by WKU students will be presented to Cave City officials in November and the projects implemented early 2014.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Wednesday, December 17th to Sunday, January 20th
Reduced services will be in effect during the Winter Break.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,