34 teams compete in Kentucky Bluegrass LEGO Robotics Competition
|Date: Wednesday, February 27th, 2013||Return|
Students from the WKU Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society worked with Engineering faculty and staff to conduct the 13th annual Kentucky Bluegrass LEGO Robotics Competition on Saturday (Feb. 23) at Drakes Creek Middle School.
A total of 116 students competed on 34 teams in either the “Engineer-in-Training” division for elementary school teams or the “Professional Engineers” division for middle school and more experienced teams. More than 100 coaches and parents also attended.
Winning teams were as follows:
- EIT Division — Cumberland Trace Elementary School team of Hunter Hawkins, Trey Arnold, Patrick Stewart.
- PE Division — Drakes Creek Middle School team of Amrit Avula, Nicholas Barth, Tanner Willis.
The elementary and middle school teams were given the challenge of building an autonomous robot from LEGO Mindstorm kits to navigate two different surfaces, one simulating a NASA launch facility and the other a space flight to Mars, as quickly and accurately as possible. The competition kicked off in early January, and many of the students, coaches and parents visited the Engineering and Biological Sciences building to test and prepare their devices at help sessions offered by WKU Engineering.
Contact: John Inman, (270) 745-3048.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 20th - May 26th
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.