114 students participate in Faculty-Led Study Abroad courses during 2013 Winter Term
|Date: Wednesday, January 30th, 2013||Return|
True to its vision to be a leading American university with international reach, WKU offers students numerous opportunities to engage in hands-on learning throughout the world. Through Faculty-Led Study Abroad (FLSA), WKU faculty members are able to expand their classrooms beyond campus borders, allowing students to travel and learn alongside fellow students.
During the 2013 Winter Term, WKU faculty led 114 students to study in either Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, France, Kenya, Mexico or Peru.
Hannah Simmons, an agriculture major from Glasgow, traveled to Ecuador to study agriculture. “My hopes are to one day be an agriculture teacher, and this trip will benefit me in more ways than I can begin to explain,” said Simmons. “I’ve gained so much valuable knowledge here that I can share with my future students. I will be returning to [school] this semester a changed individual.”
According to WKU Study Away Director Jerry Barnaby, WKU Study Away administers WKU Faculty-Led Study Abroad programs in partnership with faculty, academic departments & colleges and WKU Study Abroad & Global Learning. “The goal is to provide students the opportunity to enhance their learning within an international context and experience an environment that transforms them in a way that is not possible on campus,” Barnaby said.
Currently 11 programs are scheduled for 2013 Summer Sessions with seven more expected to be available. For information on faculty-led study away programs, visit www.wku.edu/flsa/ or the Office of Study Away at 270-745-2231.
WKU Study Away is a unit of Extended Learning & Outreach. Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs are administered by Study Away in partnership with faculty and staff program leaders, their academic units, Study Abroad & Global Learning and the Office of International Programs.
Contact: Jerry Barnaby, (270) 745-2231 or email@example.com
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Details regarding upcoming auditions for the WKU Theatre & Dance production of Lily Plants a Garden.
Details regarding auditions for The Enchanted Attic at WKU
Details regarding auditions for The Dance Project at WKU.
Announcement regarding last minute addition to class schedule: Musical Theatre Ensemble.
Announcement about Theatre & Dance Convocation for Fall 2014 semester.
Detailed information about an upcoming audition for Six Characters in Search of an Author