Imagewest wins 8 Markie Awards
|Date: Sunday, December 2nd, 2012||Return to Archive|
Imagewest has proven itself once again in the Bowling Green marketing industry by winning eight awards at the 2012 Professional Marketing Association (PMA) Markie Awards.
Imagewest is a one-of-a-kind student-run, advertising and public relations agency at WKU. Each semester, a new team of students intern at the agency to work on projects for clients. Imagewest entered their work in 15 categories and received the following eight awards:
- Best Brochure: WKU Harlaxton
- Best Marketing Campaign: African American Museum
- Best Promo Video: Lorenzo de’ Medici (LdM)
- Best Website: LuLu’s
- Honorable Mention, Special Event: WKU Parking and Transportation, Airport Shuttle Launch
- Best PR Campaign: WKU Parking and Transportation, Airport Shuttle Launch
- Best Pitch: Imagewest, New Business Kit
- Best Mobile: LuLu’s
“It was exciting to see our work win awards,” said Austin Stephenson, graphic designer. “As a student, this experience gets me excited about the field that I am going to enter and inspires me to work extra hard.”
The 12th Annual Markie Awards took place Nov. 20 at the Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green. PMA is an organization that provides networking, professional development, peer recognition and community involvement for marketing professionals in the Bowling Green-Warren County area. The Markie Awards honor the best examples of marketing by PMA members in Bowling Green throughout the year and are based on creativity and effectiveness derived from the project’s marketing objective, target audience and results.
“It’s always gratifying to be rewarded for your hard work,” said Heather Garcia, director and full- time staff member. “Receiving a Markie Award is a major accomplishment for the students and is something that they can highlight on their resume.”
The event’s theme, “The Feed,” marked a philanthropic addition to the banquet in which the association sponsored a food drive to benefit The Salvation Army and The American Red Cross. As a strong advocate of giving back to the community, Imagewest collected non-perishable food items at WKU and made a significant contribution to the cause.
The work that was submitted was created during the fall 2011, the spring 2012 and summer 2012 semesters.
- Interns for the fall 2011 semester included: Eric Brodzinski (Noblesville, Ind.), Michelle Child (Taylor Mill, Ky.), Kayla Cruse (Upton, Ky.), Megan Dunlevy (Louisville, Ky.), Bethany Hubartt (Indianapolis, Ind.), Paige Johnson (Bowling Green, Ky.), Tony King (Louisville, Ky.), Jackelyn Mead (Hendersonville, Tenn.), Veronica Newman (Hopkinsville, Ky.), Alan Schneller (Oakland, Ky.), and Kayla Spelling (Covington, Ky.).
- Interns for the spring 2012 semester included: Kenn Glenn (Greenville, Ky.), Ashley Henson (Elizabethtown, Ky.), Rachael King (Owensboro, Ky.), Justin Lawson (Elizabethtown, Ky.), Taylor Moad (Louisville, Ky.), Catherine Montano (Louisville, Ky.), Dalton Rowe (Winchester, Ky.), Tom Schatzinger (Smithfield, Ky.), Jake Stephenson (Louisville, Ky.), Jessica Troccoli (Old Hickory, Tenn.), Katherine Wade (Paducah, Ky.), and Ross Whitaker (Taylorsville, Ky.).
- Interns for the fall 2012 semester included: Brittany Costellow (Russellville, Ky.), Davide Fellini (Siena, Italy), Jeff Franklin (Louisville, Ky.), La Vella Hall (Mt. Washington, Ky.), Martha Holmes (Hendersonville, Tenn.), Marilyn Kallstrom (Bowling Green, Ky.), Kelsey Layer (Hendersonville, Tenn.), Alex McNeilage (Bowling Green, Ky.), Kelly Smith (Nashville, Tenn.) and Austin Stephenson (Louisville, Ky.).
Contact: Heather Garcia or Brittany Costellow, (270) 745-8915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Awards for On-Site Writing Competition, Yearbook Excellence Announced at Oct. 24 Event
(Click for More)
WKU dance professor Eric Rivera will have his ballet produced by Inaside Dance in Chicago.
The WKU Theatre & Dance department presents the Childrenís Theatre show "Lily Plants a Garden" Oct. 31-Nov. 2
Twenty-five travelers have returned home after a ten-day study abroad trip to Spain with Dr. Julia Roberts, Dr. Richard Roberts, and Dr. Tracy Inman of The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,