‘PlanetQuest’ featured at planetarium
|Date: Tuesday, October 30th, 2012||Return to Archive|
PlanetQuest: Discovering Worlds Around Other Stars continues through Nov. 20 at WKU’s Hardin Planetarium. Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. Admission is free and the 45-minute program is suitable for all ages. Note that the show will begin on time, with no late entrance permitted.
About the show: A new era in the exploration of the universe has begun. Less than 20 years ago, we discovered the first alien solar system around a star like our own Sun. Since then we have used multiple methods to identify thousands of worlds around other stars — from scorching hot giants orbiting their stars in just a few days to planets orbiting in systems with more than just one star. New planets are being discovered at an exhilarating pace; bringing us closer to finding an Earthlike world — perhaps harboring life. Join the Hardin Planetarium for an interactive presentation aiming at one of humanity’s oldest questions: Are we alone?
Show times and dates are:
- Thursday Oct. 25 7 p.m.
- Sunday Oct. 28 2 p.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 30 7 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 1 7 p.m.
- Sunday Nov. 4 2 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 6 7 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 8 7 p.m.
- Sunday Nov. 11 2 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 13 7 p.m.
- Thursday Nov. 15 7 p.m.
- Sunday Nov. 18 2 p.m.
- Tuesday Nov. 20 7 p.m.
Contact: Richard Gelderman, (270) 745-4044.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Click to view map and tentative schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children announced Thursday (May 16) that Dr. Julia Link Roberts was re-elected as one of seven members of the Executive Committee.
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.