Jerry Gotlieb publishes article in the Journal of Learning in Higher Education
|Date: Friday, October 19th, 2012||Return to Archive|
Bowling Green, KY (October 16, 2012) – Jerry Gotlieb, Professor of Marketing and Sales in the Gordon Ford College of Business authored an article recently accepted for publication in the Journal of Learning in Higher Education. The article, “Variables That Can Affect Student Ratings of their Professors,” examines the effects of three different variables on students’ ratings of their professors.
Gotlieb’s research suggests that when students expected to earn a low grade in the course, they were more likely to believe that the professor was at fault. When students expected to earn a high grade in the course, they were less likely to attribute that to the professor. He also discovered that even when students receive a low grade in the course, they tended to be more satisfied if they believed the professor was a caring person. However, an uncaring professor coupled with an “A” in the course did not improve satisfaction among students.
Gotlieb earned his Ph.D. in Marketing from Arizona State University and has been at WKU since 1992. His research interests involve marketing management and research, especially with aspects of perceived quality, perceived risk, and satisfaction.
The Gordon Ford College of Business prepares its students for careers in accounting, economics, finance, information systems, international business, management, and marketing. For more information, visit www.wku.edu/business or call 270.745.6311.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
May 27th - May 31st
Parking and Transit Service May 13 to May 31
Map and Tentative Schedule
The World Council for Gifted and Talented Children will host its 20th Biennial World Conference, "Celebrating Giftedness and Creativity," August 10-14, 2013, at the Galt House Hotel and Conference Center in Louisville, KY.