Homecoming Parade Traffic Information (click here for more)
|Date: Thursday, October 18th, 2012||Return to Archive|
The Homecoming parade will be held Friday, October 19 from 5:00pm until approximately 6:00pm. Please note the changes to traffic patterns and street closings to create a safe parade route. The parade begins on College Heights Blvd. near Parking Structure 1, goes up College Heights Blvd, turns left onto State Street, and ends at Fountain Square Park.
Parade floats and other participants will begin staging at 3:30pm along Avenue of Champions
- Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic beginning at 3:15 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Vehicles traveling College Heights Blvd after 3:15 p.m. will be asked to turn right onto College Heights Blvd (formerly Dogwood Avenue) beginning at 3:15 p.m.
- Parade entries will be arriving on University Blvd from Nashville and Russellville Roads. Expect delays along University Blvd from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Vehicles turning College Heights Blvd (formerly Dogwood Avenue) from University Blvd will only be allowed to turn left onto College Heights Blvd. from 3:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- At 5:00 p.m., all of College Heights Blvd will be closed until the completion of the parade. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed to travel Avenue of Champions and College Heights Blvd.
State Street from College Heights Blvd to Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green will be closed to through traffic during the parade from 5:00 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Traffic will not be allowed to enter College Heights Blvd from College Street or Normal Avenue from 5:00 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Hilltop Drive and Colonnade Drive will not be accessible during the parade from 5:00 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Traffic exiting Colonnade Drive during the parade will be required to turn right onto Normal Avenue.
Parking Lots Affected
- Vehicles parked in PS1, Diddle North, Diddle South, South Lawn lot or Poland lot will not be able to exit onto Avenue of Champions from 3:15 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Vehicles will be able to exit PS1 onto College Heights Blvd. but will only be permitted to turn left toward University Blvd.
- Vehicles parked in the Wetherby lot or Schneider lot will not be allowed to exit onto College Heights Blvd. after the parade begins between 5:00 p.m. and approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Vehicles parked in the HUB lot will not be able to exit between 5:00 p.m. and approximately 6:00 p.m.
- Vehicles parked in the College Hill lot will exit right onto College Street, but will not be able to exit onto College Heights Blvd. between 5:00 p.m. and approximately 6:00 p.m.
During the parade, enjoy Ernie Small Blues Band in Fountain Square Park, followed by Big Red’s Roar.
For additional information, contact:
Ginny Hensley, WKU Alumni Association or Parking & Transportation Service
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
Continue using your current permit until 8/15/14.
July 29th - Aug 4th