Fall 2012 Study Abroad Fair a Huge Success
|Author: Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning|
Date: Thursday, October 11th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
On Wednesday, September 26th, Mass Media and Technology Hall Lobby was the stage for the largest Study Abroad Fair in recent memory. With over 550 WKU student participating in the fair it was the largest event of International Reach Week. Students had the opportunity to learn about the range of study abroad options from a host of DELO supported Faculty Led Study Abroad programs, twelve independent study abroad providers in attendance, including KIIS, CCSA, Harlaxton, and Semester at Sea. The large turn out, nearly doubling last year’s attendance, was noticed by providers, students, faculty and staff.
With the Study Abroad Fair being the most important promotional event of the fall 2012 semester, staff and student representatives of the Office of Study Abroad and Global Learning utilized all avenues for advertising and marketing the event. Through posters, table-tents, postcard invitations, signs, and most importantly, an announcement to a record crowd of 22,000 at a WKU football game, the word spread.
The Study Abroad Office saw the fruits of their labors when a record number of students came out to the fair to learn about how they could study abroad. The fair was strategically placed at MMTH, so that students that were just passing through could stop and collect pamphlets and literature about study abroad programs. Many of the providers were so inundated with students that they ran out of informational materials.
The large turn out, nearly doubling last year’s attendance, was noticed by providers, students, faculty and staff. Feedback from fair participants was overwhelmingly positive. Michael Nelson, the representative from the independent provider CET, stated that the WKU Study Abroad Fair was the “best fair I’ve attended this year.” Planning to carry this momentum forward, the Study Abroad team is excited to continue assisting any and all interested individuals in studying abroad.
One of the major draws of the fair for students was the scholarship raffle. Mary Newton, a Freshman Elementary Education Major, and PanPhailin Thaweechokthawornsakul, a Sophomore Chemistry Major, both will receive scholarships towards their international education programs. Mary plans to spend the fall of 2013 at Harlaxton in Grantham, England. PanPhailin has not yet selected a study abroad program.
For more information please contact Abby Leake, firstname.lastname@example.org, 270-745-6146
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
You only need an Housing Non Premium Permit.
See Map of Housing Non Premium and Housing Premium Zones
Bridge the gap between school and real-world experience by applying for a Faculty-Undergraduate Student Engagement (FUSE) Grant.
Announcement regarding last minute addition to class schedule: Musical Theatre Ensemble.
Announcement about Theatre & Dance Convocation for Fall 2014 semester.
Detailed information about an upcoming audition for Six Characters in Search of an Author