|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Friday, May 25th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
WKU students are on a 3,000-mile bike trip across the United States to raise awareness and funding for the Alzheimer’s Association. Bike4Alz, formerly known as Fijis Across America, began a three-month trip from International Falls, Minn., to Key West, Fla., on May 25. During the ride, Bike4Alz will stop in several major metropolitan areas to hold events with the local Alzheimer’s Association chapters. The group’s goal is to raise $175,000 to benefit the organization and raise awareness about the disease.
The group is making its way through Kentucky (Louisville June 19-21; Elizabethtown June 21-23) and will arrive in event in Bowling Green on June 23. A Bike4Alz fundraising event will be held from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. June 25 at Covington Woods Park.
During their ride through southern Indiana, the Bike4Alz group was honored with resolutions by the cities of Evansville and Newburgh and by U.S. Congressman Larry Bucshon, who represents Indiana’s 8th District.
WKU Health Services is a proud sponsor of Bike4Alz. Bike4Alz - group of WKU fraternity members just past the half way point in their bike ride across America. In this week's View from the Hill, find out why Alzheimers research is a cause so near and dear to the hearts of these nine young men. We will provide current updates on our website as the group makes their bike ride across the U.S.
Bike4Alz View from the Hill
Bike4Alz Daily Dedication July 4, Day 41
Bike4Alz Daily Dedication June 18, Day 25
Bike4Alz Daily Dedication, May 25, Day 1
Bike4Alz Unveils Their Official Jerseys!
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
(CNN) -- Juicing -- if you believe its avid fans -- is a great way to detox the body, prevent disease and lose weight.
Are you killing it in the gym but not seeing results? Chances are, you've fallen victim to bad advic
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!