Students receive awards in journalism, broadcasting competitions
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Several WKU student journalists and broadcasters received awards in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Region 5 Mark of Excellence Awards competition and the 2012 Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards.
The following SPJ Region 5 (Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois) awards were presented at the spring conference April 13-14 in Indianapolis:
- Photo Illustration-4 Year College/University: Jerry Englehart Jr. of Ormand Beach, Fla., College Heights Herald, first place.
- Feature Writing-4 Year College/University: Emily Patton of Nebo, College Heights Herald, first place.
- General News Reporting-4 Year College/University: Jonathan Lintner of Louisville, College Heights Herald, first place.
- Sports Writing-4 Year College/University: Cole Claybourn of Evansville, Ind., College Heights Herald, second place.
- Radio News Reporting: Joseph Mathis of Danville, WWHR, second place.
- Best All-Around Television Newscast: WKU NewsChannel 12, third place.
- Television Feature Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television In-Depth Reporting: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television General News Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television Breaking News Reporting: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television Sports Photography: Andrew Bennett of Franklin, Tenn., Extra Point, first place.
- Television Sports Photography: Zack Ryle of Burlington, Extra Point, first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, Extra Point, second place.
The following Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards were presented April 14 in Louisville:
- Best College TV Hard News Feature: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, first place and honorable mention; Trent Brock of Fort Campbell, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Soft News Feature: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., first place and honorable mention; Zack Ryle of Burlington, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Sports Feature: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, honorable mention.
Contact: School of Journalism & Broadcasting, (270) 745-4144.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
October 26th and 27th
Many hospitalizations are preventable and may be to blame for the rising American health care costs, according to new research out of Western Kentucky University.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,