Students receive awards in journalism, broadcasting competitions
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Sunday, May 6th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Several WKU student journalists and broadcasters received awards in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Region 5 Mark of Excellence Awards competition and the 2012 Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards.
The following SPJ Region 5 (Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois) awards were presented at the spring conference April 13-14 in Indianapolis:
- Photo Illustration-4 Year College/University: Jerry Englehart Jr. of Ormand Beach, Fla., College Heights Herald, first place.
- Feature Writing-4 Year College/University: Emily Patton of Nebo, College Heights Herald, first place.
- General News Reporting-4 Year College/University: Jonathan Lintner of Louisville, College Heights Herald, first place.
- Sports Writing-4 Year College/University: Cole Claybourn of Evansville, Ind., College Heights Herald, second place.
- Radio News Reporting: Joseph Mathis of Danville, WWHR, second place.
- Best All-Around Television Newscast: WKU NewsChannel 12, third place.
- Television Feature Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television In-Depth Reporting: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television General News Reporting: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., NewsChannel 12, first place.
- Television Breaking News Reporting: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., NewsChannel 12, second place.
- Television Sports Photography: Andrew Bennett of Franklin, Tenn., Extra Point, first place.
- Television Sports Photography: Zack Ryle of Burlington, Extra Point, first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, Extra Point, second place.
The following Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters awards were presented April 14 in Louisville:
- Best College TV Hard News Feature: Jacqui Powell of Elizabethtown, first place and honorable mention; Trent Brock of Fort Campbell, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Soft News Feature: Tommy Parker of Glen Ellyn, Ill., first place and honorable mention; Zack Ryle of Burlington, honorable mention.
- Best College TV Sports Feature: Jeremy Brown of Chandler, Ind., first place; Alix Casper-Peak of Louisville, honorable mention.
Contact: School of Journalism & Broadcasting, (270) 745-4144.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
December 5th - 6th
November 26th -November 30th
Forty parents, educators, counselors, and administrators came to Bowling Green November 5 to hear a leading authority on twice-exceptional education at the 2014 Twice-Exceptional (2e) Learners Seminar.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,