Revolution 91.7 Named BEA National Signature Radio Station
|Date: Friday, April 6th, 2012||Return to Archive|
Bowling Green, Ky. April 5, 2012— Revolution 91.7, the student radio station of Western Kentucky University, is honored to receive the Broadcast Education Association’s national Signature Station radio award for 2012. BEA’s Student Media Advisors Division introduced the Signature Station award this year to recognize excellence in student radio and television content, creativity, and execution.
In the past few years, Revolution 91.7 has implemented industry-standard broadcast studio software, raised more than $2500 to assist local charities, and has recruited more than 150 student volunteers. Because of its dedication to broadcast live 24 hours daily, Revolution 91.7 serves as a constant link from the local south central Kentucky community to the national music landscape.
“Revolution isn’t just a campus radio station; it is a way of life,” said station manager Kayla Dowdy, a senior from Bowling Green. “Our staff lives and breathes the culture of college music. We exist because of our dedication to music and that feeling you get when your favorite song comes on the radio. It is that passion that won us the award.”
The panel of judges included academic and industry experts who critiqued the station in many categories, including mission, equipment, management, branding, community engagement, production, web presence, and social media.
Revolution 91.7 served as the Kentucky state headquarters of 2011’s College Radio Day, a national event to recognize the contribution of college radio to mainstream music and campus communities. The station strives to revolutionize the surrounding campus and community through many local events, including two charity music festivals each year: RevFest in fall and Mayhem in spring. Revolution 91.7 also supports Hildreth Animal Adoption Center with its annual Pooch Pageant and sponsors local concerts and events throughout Bowling Green.
Continuing its dedication to Bowling Green, Revolution 91.7 will host Mayhem 2012 at Circus Square Park in downtown Bowling Green to benefit the Rainhill Equine Facility Rescue and Sanctuary. From 4 p.m. to midnight on Friday, April 20th, the public is invited to attend this all-ages charity music festival and help WWHR-FM—WKU’s Signature Station—continue to move music forward.
For further information, contact Dr. Marjorie Yambor via phone at (270) 745-3035, via email at email@example.com or log on to www.revolution.fm.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
March 10th to March 14th