Imagewest receives 5th District ADDY award, advances to national level
|Author: Tommy Newton|
Date: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Imagewest’s Semester at Sea campaign was awarded a 5th District Student Silver ADDY in the second tier of the three-part National ADDY Awards. The piece will advance to the third and final round at the National ADDY Competition.
The Semester at Sea campaign was recognized in the first level with a Gold Louie Award from the Advertising Federation of Louisville’s Annual Louie Awards in February, which allowed it to move forward to the District Level. The American Advertising Federation consists of 15 districts. District 5 includes colleges throughout Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia.
“I am exceptionally proud of the team that put so much hard work and time into this campaign,” said Heather Garcia, Imagewest director and full-time staff member. “This is the first time our work has been to the national level, and the students definitely deserve this recognition. I’m looking forward to hearing the results in June.”
The winners will be announced June 5 at the ADDYs Awards Show at the Hilton Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas. The National ADDYs Awards are the final step in the three-tiered creative competition, sponsored by the American Advertising Federation.
The Semester at Sea campaign was completed during the spring 2011 and fall 2011 semesters.
- Interns for the spring 2011 semester included: Kelley Boothe of Georgetown; Steven Charny of Louisville; Ryan Franklin of Louisville; Kelly Haight of Bowling Green; Tea Lacic of Bowling Green; Caitlin Pike of LaGrange; Sarah Pope of Louisville; Stephanie Romano of Louisville; Alan Schneller of Oakland; Jane Wood of Bowling Green; and Justin Wuetcher of Goshen.
- Interns for the fall 2011 semester included: Eric Brodzinski of Noblesville, Ind.; Michelle Child of Taylor Mill; Kayla Cruse of Upton; Megan Dunlevy of Louisville; Bethany Hubartt of Indianapolis; Paige Johnson of Bowling Green; Tony King of Louisville; Jackelyn Mead of Hendersonville, Tenn.; Veronica Newman of Hopkinsville; Alan Schneller of Oakland; and Kayla Spelling of Covington.
- Interns for the spring 2012 semester include: Kenn Glenn of Greenville; Ashley Henson of Elizabethtown; Rachael King of Owensboro; Justin Lawson of Elizabethtown; Taylor Moad of Louisville; Catherine Montano of Louisville; Dalton Rowe of Winchester; Tom Schatzinger of Smithfield; Jake Stephenson of Louisville; Jessica Troccoli of Old Hickory; Katherine Wade of Paducah; and Ross Whitaker of Taylorsville.
About Imagewest: Imagewest is a student-run advertising and public relations agency that provides students with real-world agency experience on a local, national and international level. Imagewest allows students to further develop their skills and enhance their portfolio, giving them a competitive edge as they enter the workforce. Imagewest operates year-round and during the summer, the agency travels to work with clients abroad. The agency offers a variety of services such as graphic and web design, media relations and publicity, event planning, large scale printing, consulting, strategic planning, conducting research including the use of an in-house focus group facility and much more. Imagewest began in January 2004 and is located on WKU’s campus in the Mass Media and Technology Hall room 331. Any revenues that are generated will go directly back into Imagewest to cover expenses such as equipment, scholarships and educational travel. It is part of WKU’s School of Journalism & Broadcasting’s Center for 21st Century Media Program of Distinction, which is approved and funded by Kentucky’s Council on Post-Secondary Education Regional Excellence Trust Fund.
About the American Advertising Federation: The American Advertising Federation (AAF), the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry, is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.” The AAF also has 15 district operations, each located in and representing a different region of the nation. The AAF’s membership is comprised of nearly 100 blue chip corporate members comprising the nation’s leading advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies; a national network of nearly 200 local federations, representing 40,000 advertising professionals, located in ad communities across the country; and more than 200 AAF college chapters, with over 6,500 student members. The AAF operates a host of programs and initiatives including the Advertising Hall of Fame, the ADDY Awards, the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Center on Multiculturalism, and summer Ad Camps for high school students in Chicago and Washington.
Contact: Heather Garcia, (270) 745-8915.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
10/21 and 10/22
Twenty-five travelers have returned home after a ten-day study abroad trip to Spain with Dr. Julia Roberts, Dr. Richard Roberts, and Dr. Tracy Inman of The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,