Certified Professional Coders at WKUHS
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, February 7th, 2012
|Return to Archive|
Linda Heady is currently working to achieve Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) certification. AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) credential is the gold standard for medical coding in physician office settings and held by more than 60,000 coding professionals. CPC®’s are critical to compliant and profitable medical practices and typically earn 20% more than non-certified coders.* The CPC® increases your chances of being hired and retained in a competitive job market.
A Certified Professional Coder has proven by rigorous examination and experience that they know how to read a medical chart and assign the correct diagnosis (ICD-9), procedure (CPT®), and supply (HCPCS Level II) code for a wide variety of clinical cases and services.
AAPC was founded in 1988 to provide education and professional certification to physician-based medical coders and to elevate the standards of medical coding by providing student training, certification, ongoing education, networking, and job opportunities. Currently, AAPC has a membership base of 112,000 worldwide, of which more than 81,000 are certified.
AAPC credentialed coders have proven mastery of all code sets, Evaluation and Management principles, and documentation guidelines. CPC’s and other AAPC credentialed coders represent the best in outpatient coding.
AAPC certifications encompass the physician office (CPC®), the hospital outpatient facility (CPC-H®), payer perspective coding (CPC-P®), interventional radiology cardiovascular coding (CIRCC™), medical auditing (CPMA™), and medical compliance (CPCO™). All certifications demonstrate a working knowledge to support cleaner claim submission resulting in more accurate coding, faster reimbursement, and fewer denials. Specialty credentials are currently offered in 20 different fields of expertise. AAPC offers continuing education through local chapters, workshops, webinars, a monthly newsmagazine (Coding Edge), other publications, and conferences.
Congratulations to Sondra Calvin, CPC for already achieving Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) certification.
To learn more about AAPC please visit www.aapc.com
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
10/21 and 10/22
Twenty-five travelers have returned home after a ten-day study abroad trip to Spain with Dr. Julia Roberts, Dr. Richard Roberts, and Dr. Tracy Inman of The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,