Imagewest wins 2011 Markie Awards
|Date: Monday, November 28th, 2011||Return to Archive|
Imagewest has proven itself as a strong competitor in the Bowling Green marketing industry once again by winning four awards and an honorable mention at the 2011 Professional Marketing Association (PMA) Markie Awards.
Imagewest is a one-of-a-kind advertising and public relations agency run by WKU students. Each semester, a new team of fresh minds intern at the agency to produce work for clients. Imagewest entered their work in 14 categories and received the following five awards:
- Best Marketing Campaign: Barren River Animal Welfare Association (BRAWA)
- Best Direct Mail Piece: Imagewest seven-year anniversary and grand reopening
- Best Press Kit/PR Campaign: Imagewest International
- Best Specialty Item: Imagewest seven-year anniversary and grand reopening
- Honorable Mention Fundraising Campaign/Special Event: Imagewest seven-year anniversary and grand reopening
“It was incredible to see our award-winning work displayed at the banquet,” said senior graphic designer Alan Schneller. “We devote so much time, effort and passion to make every project great at Imagewest, and it’s nice to receive recognition for that.”
The 11th Annual Markie Awards took place on Nov. 15 at the Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green. PMA is an organization for networking, professional development and peer recognition. The Markie Awards honor the best examples of marketing by PMA members in Bowling Green throughout the year. The awards are based on creativity and effectiveness derived from the project’s marketing objective, target audience and results. This year PMA recognized the company as well as the designers and vendors associated with the project.
“It’s always a gratifying experience for Imagewest at the Markie Awards Banquet,” said Heather Garcia, director and full-time staff member. “Receiving a Markie Award is a major accomplishment for the students and is something that will really stand out as they enter the workforce.”
The event’s theme “Denim & Diamonds” marked a philanthropic addition to the banquet in which the association sponsored a community drive to collect denim clothing to benefit the Bowling Green International Center. As a strong advocate of giving back to the community, Imagewest collected items at WKU and made a significant contribution to the cause.
The work that was submitted was created during the fall 2010, the spring 2011 and fall 2011 semesters.
- Interns for the fall 2010 semester included: Clay Cauley (Carrollton, Ky.), Megan Edwards (Fort Mitchell, Ky.), Scottie Ellis (Frankfort, Ky.), Leslie Hill (Louisville, Ky.), Ker’ri Krieg (Russell Springs, Ky.), Jiwon Lee (Seoul, South Korea), Kelly Mulhall (Elizabethtown, Ky.), Leanna Norwood (Central City, Ky.), Nick Van Hooser (Woodburn, Ky.), KaiLee Viehland (Princeton, Ky.), Alice Weber (Bowling Green, Ky.) and Kara Williams (Graham, Ky.).
- Interns for the spring 2011 semester included: Kelley Boothe (Georgetown, Ky.), Stephen Charny (Louisville, Ky.), Ryan Franklin (Louisville, Ky.), Kelly Haight (Bowling Green, Ky.), Tea Lacic (Mainz, Germany), Caitlin Pike (La Grange, Ky.), Sarah Pope (Louisville, Ky.), Stephanie Romano (Goshen, Ky.), Alan Schneller (Oakland, Ky.), Jessica Troccoli (Old Hickory, Tenn.), Jane Wood (Bowling Green, Ky.) and Justin Wuetcher (Goshen, Ky.).
- Interns for the fall 2011 semester include: Eric Brodzinski (Noblesville, Ind.), Michelle Child (Taylor Mill, Ky.), Kayla Cruse (Upton, Ky.), Megan Dunlevy (Louisville, Ky.), Bethany Hubartt (Indianapolis, Ind.), Paige Johnson (Bowling Green, Ky.), Tony King (Louisville, Ky.), Jackelyn Mead (Hendersonville, Tenn.), Veronica Newman (Hopkinsville, Ky.), Alan Schneller (Oakland, Ky.) and Kayla Spelling (Covington, Ky.).
Contact: Heather Garcia or Michelle Child, (270) 745-8915.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
March 10th to March 14th