Paula Mattison Joins Office of Research Staff
|Author: Lynn Minton|
Date: Tuesday, October 4th, 2011
|Return to Archive|
The Office of Research and Office of Sponsored Programs is pleased to have Paula Mattison in the newly created position of Director of Business Operations.
Mattison will be responsible for all financial policies and planning for the Division of Research, the WKU Research Foundation, and the Office of Sponsored Programs.
The WKU Research Foundation promotes the education research purposes of WKU as fiscal agent of sponsored programs. Mattison will focus on grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, intellectual property, and other research, instruction, and public services initiatives.
Dr. Gordon Baylis, Vice President for Research and President of the WKU Research Foundation is pleased to welcome Mattison to the staff.
"The WKU Research Foundation will increasingly be a vehicle for tech transfer, and faculty entrepreneurship," Baylis said. "The Foundation will have to assume responsibility for funding more of what we do, as our other sources of funding erode."
"I am delighted to have someone of the skills, intelligence and temperament of Paula. These are times full of challenge and opportunity, and her steady hand on the tiller will guide us through these tricky waters."
Mattison comes to the Office of Research with more than 19 years of experience in accounting and five years experience in grants and contracts accounting.
Nancy Mager, Director of Sponsored Programs at WKU looks forward to Paula joining the staff. “We are very excited to welcome Paula to our research team,” Mager said. “Her grants and contracts accounting background will provide us with a broader focus in developing future research projects.”
Paula holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and Accounting from WKU. She is a Certified Grant Manager, served on the WKU Staff Council in 2010-2011, participated in the WKU Staff Leadership Program in 2009.
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Distance Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Faculty Development
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Conferencing & Catering
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
On Saturday (May 16), 61 students representing 37 counties from across Kentucky were recognized during The Gatton Academyís eighth graduation ceremony in Van Meter Hall.
Seniors Brian Carlson, Ben Guthrie, Paul Hudson, Ben Riley and junior Rohan Deshpande were members of the team who traveled to Washington, D.C. to compete at the 25th National Science Bowl.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,