Miller Slaughter Announced New SBDC Director
|Author: Lynn Minton|
Date: Monday, October 3rd, 2011
|Return to Archive|
Vice President of Research and President of the WKU Research Foundation, Dr. Gordon Baylis, is happy to welcome Miller to the Small Business Development Center.
"The future of universities is to demonstrate their relevance by closer ties with business," Baylis said. "I am confident that hiring a person with Miller’s talents and background will lead to ever closer relations with the Chamber of Commerce and the business community in our region, and greater success in our collaborations."
The SBDC is located at the WKU Center for Research and Development (CRD) in Bowling Green and assists entrepreneurs by providing emerging and existing businesses with consulting services and training opportunities.
Douglas Rohrer, Associate Vice President for Research and Development at the CRD, is thrilled to welcome Miller to the team. “Miller’s unique combination of economic development experience along with his keen interest in small business formation and growth will greatly benefit the BRADD region,” Rohrer said.
During his tenure at the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce, Slaughter was responsible for the regional economic development efforts and was the liaison for the Chamber partner counties in the South Central Kentucky Marketing Area.
Miller is a Fellow in the Kentucky Entrepreneurial Coaches Institute where he gained expertise in small business and entrepreneurship support and is looking forward to working with individuals interested in starting a business.
Prior to joining the Bowling Green Area Chamber, Miller worked for the Cabinet for Economic Development as a development specialist within the Cabinet for Existing Business. “His experience with the Chamber and the Cabinet for Economic Development is a great addition to the Small Business Development Center,” Dr. Baylis said.
Miller holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Kentucky and a Master of Business Administration degree in management from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
He is an adjunct instructor of marketing at Midcontinent University and has attended numerous economic development training courses and workshops offered in economic development.
The SBDC provides unparalleled consulting and training services that help existing business owners and potential entrepreneurs succeed. Our services include: one-on-one management consultations, training workshops, market research, loan packaging help, assistance with financial projections and information needed to make informed business decisions.
SBDC is co-sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration and is administered by the University of Kentucky in partnership with regional universities, community and private colleges, and the private sector.
- All Categories
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
(CNN) -- Juicing -- if you believe its avid fans -- is a great way to detox the body, prevent disease and lose weight.
Are you killing it in the gym but not seeing results? Chances are, you've fallen victim to bad advic
Order by July 15th to be eligible for a prize giveaway!