- About Us
- Contact Us
- Hours of Operation
- Calendar of Events
- Meet the Staff
- Student Job Opportunities
- Donate to Us
- Alumni Newsletter
Time: 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Location: Fitness Center
The Topper Fitness Master is a muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility competition that will be held in the Fitness Center. Each event (pushup, 1.5 mile run, sit-and-reach test) has a set amount of points related to the event, the male and female participant with the most awarded points will be crowned the winner. In other words, the more push-ups you do, the faster you run, and the better your flexibility is the better chance of winning. Everyone who participates will be able to see how their fitness levels compare to the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines.
All participants must do as many push-ups as possible, run 1.5 miles as fast as possible, and sit-and-reach as far as possible.
Male and female winners will receive a $10 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Raffle prizes will be available.
Sign up for the Topper Fitness Master on April 1st! Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab, room 20A in the Preston Center.
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver.
- Males- (Regular Push-Up.) Do as many correct form push-ups as possible with a continuous effort. There is no rest position and two incorrect push-ups will result in the test being terminated.
- Females- (Modified Push-Up.) Do as many modified (on the knees) form push-ups as possible with a continuous effort. There is no rest position and two incorrect push-ups will result in the test being terminated.
1.5 Mile Run
- Run 1.5 miles as fast as possible either on a treadmill in the fitness center or the track upstairs (7.1 laps.)
Flexibility Test (Sit-and-Reach)
- This test involves sitting on the floor with legs stretched out straight ahead. Shoes should be removed. The soles of the feet are placed flat against the box. Both knees should be almost fully extended and pressed flat to the floor. With the palms facing downwards, and the hands on top of each other or side by side, the subject reaches forward along the measuring line as far as possible. No jerky movements and hands must be even with each other (not one further than the other.)
- Only two tries will be allowed, with the furthest sit-and-reach counting.