- About Us
- Contact Us
- Hours of Operation
- Calendar of Events
- Meet the Staff
- Student Job Opportunities
- Donate to Us
- Alumni Newsletter
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Location: Fitness Center
The Hilltopper Squat Off is a lower body muscular endurance competition that will be held in the Fitness Center. Each participant will have to complete a demonstration test before competing and will then have 10 minutes to complete as many correct squats as possible. The winner will be the participant with the most reps based upon his or her weight lifted relative to their body weight.
- Males - most repetitions of body weight
- Females - most repetitions of 30% of their body weight
Male and female winners will receive a $10 Wal-Mart Gift Card. Raffle prizes will be available.
Sign up for the Hilltopper Squat Off starts on March 6th! Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab, room 20A in the Preston Center.
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver.
- The bar should be positioned behind your head high along the top of your shoulders toward the base of your neck.
- Raise your body slightly to un-rack the bar, then straightening your hips and knees to lift the bar.
- Take a step backward and bring your feet to shoulder-width apart. Your toes pointed forward.
- Downward Phase: Begin this phase by hinging at the hips, shifting them back and down. As you lower your hips, yours knees bend and will start to shift forward slowly. You must keep your knees and toes in line.
- Lower yourself until your thighs are 90 degrees with your calves.
- Upward Phase: Exhale and return to start position by pushing your feet into the floor through your heels.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,