- About Us
- Contact Us
- Hours of Operation
- Calendar of Events
- Meet the Staff
- Student Job Opportunities
- Donate to Us
- Alumni Newsletter
Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Location: Fitness Center
The Big Red Bench Off is an upper body muscular strength competition that will be held in the Fitness Center. Competitors will be allowed four attempts (maximum 20 minutes) to complete 1 rep max (RM). The winner will then be determined by the highest percentage based upon their 1RM relative to their bodyweight. (1RM=300lbs, Body weight=180lbs, 300/180=166.7%).
- Monday, October 21: 5:00-7:00pm
- Tuesday, October 22: 12:00-1:00pm
- Wednesday, October 23: 12:00-1:00pm
- Thursday, October 24: 5:30-6:30pm
Sign up for the Big Red Bench Off starts on October 14th. Walk-ins are welcome, but subject to availability. To make an appointment, or for more information, stop by the Health and Fitness Lab (room 20A in the Preston Center).
All participants must sign a consent form/waiver!
Each participant will have 20 minutes to complete their 1 rep max.
- Participants must use a closed grip (thumb around bar)
- The lifter must lie on his/her back with head, shoulders, and butt in full contact on the bench. This position must be maintained throughout the attempt.
- Feet must remain flat on the floor at all times.
- Participants must show control of the weight at all times while lowering the bar to touch the chest and back to full elbow extension (no bouncing!!)
- A Health and Fitness Lab staff member will judge each lift. If any of the above criteria are not met, the lift will be invalid.