The mission of the Center for Career and Professional Development is to assist students and alumni in identifying and reaching their career and employment goals, to help employers access an educated and highly trained workforce, and to support faculty and staff in providing opportunities to increase student learning and skill development.
Where to find Us
Western Kentucky University's Center for Career and Professional Development is located in the new Student Success Center in the center of WKU's campus. We provide service to WKU students, alumni, faculty, staff, WKU families, extended campuses and the surrounding communities.
Hours of Operation
Fall 2016, Spring 2017 Semester Hours:
Monday & Tuesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer 2017 Hours:
May 15 - June 2, 2017 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
June 5 - August 11, 2017 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday
The office was established initially as a placement office whose main goal was to find jobs for our exiting graduates. Although we do still assist students and alumni with the job search process, our mission has expanded to include career exploration, career engagement, academic career guidance and a host of other individual specific services.
Directions to the Center for Career and Professional Development
Please note: Our office is in the Downing Student Union, Room 2001 (across from Diddle Arena). Phone 270-745-3095 for additional information. On Mapquest and GPS units you can use 1515 Avenue of Champions, Bowling Green, KY 42101 for driving directions to the parking structure.
DIRECTIONS FROM INTERSTATE 65
1. Take Exit 26 off of Interstate 65.
2. Turn toward Bowling Green onto Cemetery Road.
3. Continue straight for three miles. Cemetery Road becomes Fairview Avenue. Continue going straight across 31-W Bypass. You will pass a fire station on your left. After passing the fire station, turn left at the third traffic light onto College Street (this is a one-way street).
4. Stay on College Street through downtown Bowling Green and continue until you reach the top of the hill. College Street will dead-end at 15th street at a statue of Henry Hardin Cherry. Turn right onto 15th Street.
5. 15th Street will turn into College Heights Blvd. The Parking Structure will be on your right.
6. Turn right into the parking structure. Reserved Recruiter Parking is immediately on the right past the unoccupied toll booth. Park in one of the first three spaces marked for the Center for Career and Professional Development . You will find your Parking Permit taped behind one of the reserved signs in front of your car. Place it on your rearview mirror facing out before you leave your vehicle.
7. Walking directions to the Center for Career and Professional Development , Downing Student Union, room 2001: Exit the parking structure on the same side you entered. Walk across the street (Bates Runner Hall will be in front of you). Turn right and take the sidewalk down the hill to the next building, Downing Student Union (red brick building on your left). Walk in the first entrance you come to, enter the building and then take the steps directly to your left. Go to the 2nd floor and turn right. Continue down the hallway, the Center for Career and Professional Development , DSU 2001, will be straight ahead. You may also take the elevator by Fresh Foods to the 2nd floor.
Note: On Mapquest and GPS units you can use 1515 Avenue of Champions, Bowling Green, KY 42101 for driving directions to the parking structure.
Don't forget to display your parking pass on your rearview mirror facing out before you leave your vehicle.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,