Dr. Muhammad Jahan
- Industrial Materials (WKU) [Fall 12, Fall 13]
- Lean Manufacturing (WKU) [Fall 12, Spring 13, Fall 13, Spring 14]
- Work Design/Ergonomics (WKU) [Fall 12, Spring 13, Summer 13, Fall 13, Winter 14, Spring 14]
- Industrial Statistics [Spring 14]
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Micro and Nano Machining
- Manufacturing Processes
- SPM based nano-lithography
- Materials characterization
- Sustainable Machining of Aerospace Materials
- Micromachining of Soft Materials using Desktop Milling and Turning Machines
- Nanopatterning of Thin Film using Scanning Probe Microscope based Lithography
- Micro-electro-discharge machining (micro-EDM) of innovative materials
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Major in Manufacturing
National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Publications and Grants
Most recent publications (at WKU):
- Jahan, M. P; “Micro-Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)”; in the book “NONTRADITIONAL MACHINING PROCESSES: Research advances” (Editor: Prof. J. Paulo Davim), Chapter 4, pp. 111 – 153, Springer, 2013,
- Jahan, M. P.; Virwani, K. R.; Rajurkar, K. P.; Malshe, A. P.; “A Comparative Study of the Dry and Wet Nano-scale Electro-machining”, Procedia CIRP, Vol. 6, pp. 627–632, 2013.
- Rajurkar, K. P.; Jahan, M. P.; Malshe, A. P.; “A Review of the Nano Scale Electro-machining (nano-EM) Processes”, In Proceedings of COPEN-8: 2013, Vol. 1, pp. 2-24, International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering, NIT Calicut, Kerala, India, December 13-15, 2013
- Jahan, M. P.; Rajurkar, K. P.; Malshe, A. P.; “Understanding Material Removal Process and Heat Affected Zone in Nano-metric Electro-machining of Graphene”, Transaction of NAMRI/SME, 2013, Vol. 41, pp. 85-94. North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC 2013), Madison, Wisconsin, USA, June 10-14, 2013.
Funded research grants (at WKU):
- Hemali P Rathnayake (PI), Rajalingam Dakshinamurthy, Muhammad P. Jahan (Co-PI), Rodney A King, Shivendra V Sahi, MRI: Acquisition of an Analytical Transmission Electron Microscope with Cryogenic Imaging Capabilites for Research and Teaching at a PUI, NSF PROPOSAL NUMBER 1338072, $425,000 [Awarded].
- Jahan, M.P. (PI), Gregory K. Arbuckle, Proposal Title: “Sustainable Machining of Aerospace Materials, RCAP Internal funding, WKU – Fall 2012, $14,000 + $6,000 (Department share) [Awarded].
- Jahan, M.P. (PI), A Comparative Study on the Micro-Turning of Copper, Brass, and Aluminum, Faculty–Undergraduate Student Engagement (FUSE) award #: 13-FA137, WKU Spring 2012, $4500 [Awarded].
- Jahan, M.P. (PI), Micro Scale Electrical Discharge Machining of Aerospace Materials, RCAP Internal funding, WKU, Fall 2013, $8,000 + $3,000 (College Share) [Awarded].