RELATED LINKSL.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
WKU Floral Design Training Center
Back to Ogden College
Agriculture Degree Programs
- Associate of Science in Agriculture: Agriculture Technology and Management- May be tailored to the individual interests and needs. Options include agribusiness, agriculture mechanization, animal science, general agriculture and agronomy.
- Associate of Science in Turf and Golf Course Management- Designed for individuals interested in careers in turf management such as golf course superintendent, park superintendent, turf maintenance contractors and many others.
- Major in Agriculture (No Minor or 2nd Major Required) (508)- This major in Agriculture requires a minimum of 50 semester hours in agriculture
and leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. Electives chosen from agriculture courses
focusing on a concentration, when approved by an assigned advisor, complete the minimum
total of 50 semester hours in agriculture. No other major or minor is required for
the student following the curriculum for this major in agriculture. At least half
of the semester hours in the major must be in courses numbered 300 or above. Concentrations
- Major in Agriculture (Minor or 2nd Major Required) (605)- This option involves the completion of at least 30 semester hours in Agriculture, including all basic agriculture requirements, along with a suitable major or minor(s) in other department(s).
- Minor in Agriculture (308)- 18 hours in Agriculture including AGRI 494- Contemporary Agriculture Issues and at least 2 other courses numbered 300 or above are required in this option. This option is taken along with a suitable major(s) in another area outside Agriculture.
- Minor in Floristry (369)- The minor in floristry requires 21 hours and is meant to enhance majors such as business, horticulture, hospitality management, hotel restaurant management, and interior design. Students who elect the minor in floristry will develop skills needed to establish and manage a retail floral business, with emphasis on logistics, resources, marketing and risk management.
- Master of Science (MS) in Agriculture (052)- The Master's Degree is a general degree in agriculture and can be thesis or non-thesis depending on your end goals. The degree is general by design which allows for maximum flexibility for each student. Before you decide to start your graduate program, consider visiting with the agriculture professor in your specific area of interest.
Agriculture Courses are also offered at WKU Glasgow and may include: AGRI 101 (Science of Agriculture), AGRI 291 (Intro to Data Analysis), ANSC 140/141 (Animal Science & Lab), ANSC 338 (Live Animal Evaluation), AGRI 108 (Rural Sociology), AGRI 280 (Intro to Environment), ANSC 240/241 (Livestock Management & Lab).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,