Several changes to the Parking and Transportation Plan for the 2014-2015 academic year will affect residents.
Introducing Tiered Parking for Housing Students
Tiered parking options are being introduced for Housing students next year. Housing lots will be divided into two different zones as illustrated in the 2014-2015 PARKING MAP.
- Housing Premium zones will be located close to the residence halls. The lots being changed to Housing Premium are the Minton Lot, Barnes Lot, PFT Lot, Poland Lot and Avenue of Champions Housing parking.
- Housing Non-Premium zones will be located on the perimeter of campus.
Permit sales will correspond to the permit zones.
- Housing Premium (HP) permits will allow parking in the Housing Premium zones as well
as Housing Non-Premium (HN) zones and lots zoned "All Permits" (AP).
- Housing Premium permits will be sold on a first come, first served basis through a waiting list process while supplies last. Students remaining on the waiting list may have the opportunity to upgrade during the year if space allows.
- Housing Non-Premium (HN) permits will allow parking in the Housing Non-Premium lots as well as the lots zoned "All Permits" (AP) on the perimeter of campus.
Parking Lot Zone Changes
Beginning in the fall, some parking lots on campus will have new zone designations. These adjustments are being made to balance out the parking needs of students. Some of these changes will result in more spaces being available for Housing students. See the 2014-2015 PARKING MAP for details.
- Chestnut Street South Lot will be zoned Housing Non-Premium.
- Adams Street Lot will be zoned Housing Non-Premium.
- The new Kentucky Street Apartment lots will be zoned Housing Non-Premium.
- The University Blvd Lot will be zoned Commuter, and will no longer be available for Housing parking.
- The College Heights Blvd Lot will be zoned Faculty/Staff Non-Premium and will no longer be available for Housing parking.
Transit Service Changes
Transit Services are being adjusted to provide better service.
- The WHITE LINE SOUTH CAMPUS PARK AND RIDE route will now provide service every 6 minutes at peak.
- The Red Line is being re-routed as the RED LINE NORTH CAMPUS CIRCULATOR and will now serve 11th Avenue GoBG Station, the Alumni Square Garage, and the academic
buildings on "The Hill" and on State and Normal Streets. Peak Service will run at
8 minute frequency.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Red Line will no longer serve Chestnut Street.
- The evening GREEN LINE "SHOPPING SHUTTLE" service will be increased to 20 minute frequency and will provide service to off-campus housing on Creason and Center Street.
For more details, follow the CHANGES TO TRANSIT link.
Housing Student Permit Options for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
|PERMIT||FEE / YEAR
||ALLOWS PARKING IN:|
|Alumni Square Garage Housing Permit||$200/year
While supplies last
|Housing Premium Permit||$180/year
While supplies last
Waiting list renewed annually
|Housing Non-Premium Permit||
|South Campus Permit||
$90 / year
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,