- Teacher Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Center
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
- International Cross-Cultural Initiatives
- School of Teacher Education
- University Supervisors
Visit the CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives website to read experiences students have had while doing student teaching abroad.
Student teaching is an opportunity for pre-service teachers to practice with supervision what they have learned about teaching. The Student Teaching Staff is responsible for verifying that students are qualified to student teach, for making their placements in area schools, for choosing appropriate personnel to supervise the student teachers, and for maintaining accurate records.
We encourage those who plan to student teach to visit us no later than early in the semester prior to student teaching. Each student teacher will be notified by mail as to his/her placement. If there are questions, please feel free to contact us at 270-745-4896.
SPRING 2015 STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATIONSWILL BE AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST 27, 2014 UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 ON THE STUDENT TEACHING WEB PAGE http://www.wku.edu/teacherservices/student_teaching/apply/index.php Applications for the SPRING 2015 semester must be returned to the Student Teaching Office, Gary Ransdell Hall 2052, BEFORE MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2014, 4:30 p.m. CDT Applications for SPRING 2015 will not be available on line AFTER SEPTEMBER 15, 2014
See: Student Teaching Applications
- Early Field Experiences
- Applying to Student Teaching
- CEBS International/Cross-Cultural Initiatives (International Student Teaching)
- Requirements For Admission To Student Teaching
- Instructions For Applying For Admission To Student Teaching
- Map of Western Kentucky Service Region
- Student Forms & Applications (WKU Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning)
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Student Teaching Evaluation (for supervisor use only)
- Teacher Work Sample
- TWS Revised Scoring Form (Bubble Sheet) (Spring 2011 and after)
- Teacher Work Sample Revised Prompt and Rubric (old version: Fall 2010)
- Teacher Work Sample Data Collection Information
- Videos *:
- Visiting Student Teacher Requesting University Requirements
- News and Announcements
- Tuition Waiver for Supervising Teachers and Resource Teachers for Teacher Interns
* (Videos) : If your browser (Firefox, Google Chrome) requires a plugin to play these videos and you do not have this plugin and do not wish to install it, you can try seeing the video in Internet Explorer which may already have this plugin installed.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,