- Academic Policies
- Financial Aid
- Teacher Admission Requirements
- Teacher Certification
- International Initiatives
- Student Organizations
- Annual Summer Conference
Press Enter to Search
Dr. Janet Applin
Associate Professor, Special Education
Office: GRH 1029
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees advising/student issues (e.g., schedule exception requests, grade appeals, admission); approves independent studies.
- Coordinates CEBS Academic Transitions Program (ATP) activities
- Consults with faculty on academic program development including course proposals and curriculum committees.
- Serves as Chair of CEBS Curriculum Committee
- Serves as Vice-Chair Professional Education Council
- Approves all CEBS recruitment materials
- Coordinates new faculty activities and faculty professional development activities
- Represents CEBS on university committees dealing with curricular matters, orientation, scheduling, etc.
- Represents college at University Curriculum Committee and Graduate Council Meetings.
- Reviews all applications for admission to graduate programs.
- Chairs Alternate Admission Subcommittee
- Chairs College Complaint Committee
- Coordinates Administration of Comprehensive Exams
- Reviews applications for MAE comprehensive exams to determine eligibility
- Represents dean’s office when appropriate at recruitment and retention events.
- Coordinates the Education and Behavioral Science MAE program.
- Provides oversight for CEBS Catalog Revisions
- Serves as liaison between the Graduate School and faculty in CEBS.
- Serves as liaison between dean’s office and teacher certification and teacher services.
- Supervises and collaborates with office associates in dean's office.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,