- Literacy Home
- MAE Program
- Certificate Program: Literacy in Post-Secondary Settings
- College Reading
- Literacy Clinic
- Comprehensive Literacy Projects
- Contact Us
M.A.E. - Literacy Education Graduate Student Checklist
- After you receive communication welcoming you to our program, contact your assigned advisor IMMEDIATELY.
- Review graduate student policies in the current Graduate Catalog which can be found on the Graduate Studies website.
- In your initial contact with your advisor, you and your advisor will complete your Form B/C, a plan for your graduate program in literacy. See the information below* regarding timeliness of completion.
- When registering for classes, you will often receive a notice to contact the instructor of record for admission into the class. In an email, send your WKU ID, CRN, prefix, and number of the course. For instance, 800-00-0000, CRN 15204, LTCY 524-701.
- Before the completion of 21 credit hours and after completing at least 15 hours of course work, and if applicable, the research tool, student must complete a Form D which can be found on the Office of Graduate Studies and Research website.
- Application for graduation. See the information below** regarding the application.
*All degree-seeking students must submit a planned program of study (Form B/C) to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research within the first semester (or up to 12 credit hours) of course work (inclusive of transfer credit). The degree program is to be developed in consultation with and approved by the advisor(s) assigned at the time of admission. If a program of study is not on file with the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, a student will not be permitted to enroll in a second semester or beyond 12 hours of courses (whichever comes first). Be sure to select the appropriate form for your program. (This form can be completed electronically and emailed to Graduate Studies after the appropriate approvals have been received. If the student is seeking teaching certification, you must submit the form to your advisor for approval.)
**The graduation application should be submitted on TopNet with the appropriate fee for the degree at least one semester prior to the date on which the degree is to be conferred. To submit your application for graduation, follow these steps:
- Sign on to Topnet with your WKU ID and PIN.
- Follow the 'Student Services' link.
- Follow the 'Student Records' link.
- Follow the 'Application for Graduation' link and fill out the form provided.