- Student Resources
- Why Study Physics & Astronomy at WKU?
- Colloquium Schedule
- Hardin Planetarium
- Student Organizations
- Western Kentucky Physics Olympics
- Physics on the Hill Newsletter
- Alumni Info
- Giving to the Department
- Back to Ogden College Home Page
For further information on
WKU Physics and Astronomy
send email to:
Mailing Address:Physics and Astronomy
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd #11077
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1077
Dr. Eric Steinfelds
Visiting Assistant Professor
Office: TCCW 224
Phone: (270) 745-3817
- PHYS 100/101 for Navitas international prep-students destined for WKU.
- Introductory Mathematics (on occasion).
- Finite Element M. and Monte Carlo Computations for future courses in nuclear physics and math methods.
- Development of the Solid State PARES radioisotopic battery; improvements of the RECS radioisotopic battery; Further Development of various types of radioisotopic batteries. In the development of nuclear batteries, I have done theoretical work; original computations (of support, assessment, and design); and in-lab work which included radiation detection and constructing a rudimentary ‘battery’.
- Solving of the Maxwell Boltzmann Transport Equation for the pursuit of scholarly excellence in applied mathematics and for applications in nuclear and radiological engineering.
- Reviews of classical field theories and semi-classical field theories which bridge quantum mechanical phenomena to classical phenomena
- Reactor Physics
- Shielding analysis and radiation dosimetry
- Nuclear Spectroscopy
- Understanding and improvements of nuclear states and nuclear decay – extending shell model and liquid drop model for decays, fissions, and spectra.
- Solving of partial differential equation semi-analytically and computationally
- Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University in Computational Physics and High Energy Physics
- Engineering Grad. from University of Missouri in Nuclear Engineering
- B.A. from Luther College in Physics and Mathematics
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,