- Future Student Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about our Requirements
- NEW Guaranteed BSN Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
Dr. Tonya Bragg-Underwood, DNP, APRN-FNP, CNE
Office: Medical Center Health Complex 3327
Dr. Bragg-Underwood began her nursing career as an LPN in 1996. She then graduated from Western Kentucky University with an Associate Degree in Nursing in 1999, a Baccalaureate in Nursing in 2006, a Master’s Degree in Nursing Education 2009, a post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner in 2011 and received her Doctorate in Nursing Practice 2014.
Her teaching career began in 2007 as an instructor at Bowling Green Technical College in the LPN Program. In 2009, she came to Western Kentucky University to teach in the Associate Degree Program and is currently teaching in the DNP Program. Prior to teaching, Dr. Bragg-Underwood was employed as a nurse in Medical-Surgical Nursing, Home Health, Long Term Acute Care and Management. She continues to practice as a registered nurse part-time in the community.
Dr. Bragg-Underwood is a member of the ANA/Kentucky Nurses Association, the National League for Nursing and the Kentucky Coalition of Nurse Practitioners & Nurse Midwives. She is a member of the Barren County Citizen Corps, Community Emergency Response Team and Medical Reserve Corps.