- Future Student Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about our Requirements
- NEW Guaranteed BSN Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
Dan Burgess, MSN, RN
Office: Medical Center Health Science Complex
Dan joined WKU as a Nursing Instructor in 2013 and teaches Medical Surgical Nursing II in both lecture and clinical settings. Dan started his career as a Diploma Nurse graduating from West Nebraska General Hospital School of Nursing in 1976. In 2006 he obtained his MS in Nursing from the University of Wyoming.
Prior to joining the faculty at WKU he was the Program Manager at a Level II Trauma Center in Mississippi where he had been employed for the past 25 years serving in several capacities. He also is currently the Online Editor for the Journal of Trauma Nursing.
Dan is a Certified Emergency Nursing having obtained his initial certification in 1996. He is a Member of the Emergency Nurses Association, Society of Trauma Nurses, Sigma Theta Tau, Phi Kappa Phi, and the International Academy of Nurse Editors
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,