- Scholarships & Grants
- Student Organizations
- Student Media
- Ky. High School Media Institute
- Library Resources
- Student Internships/Jobs/Fellowships
- Position Openings
- Lab/Equipment Checkout Hours
- Summer Workshops
- Fleischaker-Greene Scholars in First Amendment Studies
- John B. Gaines Family Lecture Series
- Student Projects
Imagewest Wins Three Gold ADDYS and a Judge's Choice Award
Date: Monday, February 25th, 2013
|Return to Archive|
Imagewest snagged four awards at the American Advertising Federation of Louisville’s Annual Louie Awards in the Student Louie/ADDY Awards category. The ADDY Awards are comparable to the Oscars in the advertising industry.
Imagewest won the following awards:
1. Judge’s Choice Award and Gold ADDY for Collateral Material – Publication and Book Design (Imagewest International – Italy Book)
2. Gold ADDY for Digital Advertising – Website (LuLu’s Fine Home Furnishings Website)
3. Gold ADDY for Collateral Material – Brochure, Annual Report (WKU Harlaxton Brochure)
The 39th Annual Louie Awards took place on Friday, February 22 at the Seelbach Hilton Hotel in Louisville, Ky. The Louies are the creative competition for the advertising industry, and they showcase the best work in the area. Winning a Louie is the first step in the three-tiered national ADDY creative competition, sponsored by the American Advertising Federation, which will be held at the AAF national conference in June. All of the pieces mentioned above will be entered in the next step, the district competition.
For more information visit www.wkuimagewest.com
Dr. Victoria LaPoe, an assistant professor in the School of Journalism & Broadcasting, co-authors "Oil and Water: Media Lessons from Hurricane Katrina and the Deepwater Horizon Disaster."
Fleischaker/Greene Fund for Excellence will provide visit from award-winning filmmaker. Sanjeev Chatterjee's environmental documentary about potable water, "One Water," will be shown at 7 p.m. CDT in Gary A. Ransdell Hall auditorium.
No Featured Articles for this category