- TRC Home
- Equipment Checkout
- Equipment Reservation System
- Multimedia Conversions
- Multimedia Lab Equipment
- Multimedia Lab Software
Equipment Checkout at the TRC
Faculty, staff and students can choose from a wide range of equipment available at no charge for short term rental from the TRC. Please reserve equipment in advance through our online reservation system.
Types of Available Equipment
- Audio Recorders/Players
- Hard Drives and Burners
- Laptop Computers
- Projectors and Projector Screens
- Still Cameras
- VCR, DVD, CD Players
- Video Cameras
- And many other accessories
- You are personally responsible for compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- It is your responsibility to insure that all of the components are present and working at such time as the equipment is checked out and returned.
- You are personally responsible for the safe and timely return of all equipment checked out from the Technology Resource Center (TRC).
- You are personally responsible for notifying TRC Staff members of any damage that occurred during your possession of the equipment.
- You are personally responsible for insuring that all of the items checked out are returned clean and in good working / operating condition.
- You are personally responsible for insuring that all of the items are returned on or before the "return date" noted on the Agreement.
- If you fail to return any items or equipment on the date it is required to be returned, AND/OR if any of the items or equipment checked out is lost, stolen or damaged in any way, you agree and understand that you will be responsible for the value of any unreturned, lost or stolen equipment, and/or repairing or replacing any damaged equipment.
- Payment of any of the costs / expenses outlined in this Agreement will be due and payable within ten (10) days from the date you are notified by the TRC of same.
- You agree that notification can be delivered to your WKU E-mail address.
- Failure to pay the amount due within this time frame will result in an administrative hold being placed on your academic account and/or ability to register for classes at WKU.
- Back-to-back reservations are not allowed for the same category of equipment.
- Three (3) late returns of any duration will result in the suspension of your equipment privileges for a single semester.
- Late returns that interfere with another faculty, staff or student's reservation will result in a loss of privileges for one (1) month.
- Late returns over five (5) days will result in a loss of equipment privileges indefinitely.
- Any late return that occurs after a ban status has expired (semester ban) results in an indefinite ban.
- Equipment not returned after five (5) days will be reported to the Dean of Student Affairs and holds will be placed on your WKU account, disabling your ability to register for classes and receive financial aid. In order to have your privileges considered for reinstatement, you will be required to email the Coordinator, Instructional Technology with your reason for appeal. Please contact the TRC for further information.
- Equipment not returned after sixty (60) days will be replaced, and the cost of the replacement will be billed to the responsible faculty, staff or student as listed on the reservation.