KHSAA Football Parking for WKU Community
|Date: Tuesday, November 20th, 2012||Return|
To accommodate and welcome those attending the games, parking near Smith Stadium as well as Creason Lot will be reserved for game patrons, KHSAA officials, and media. Alternative parking arrangements for WKU permit holders affected by these changes are described below, and a map of public parking for the two-day event is available below.
What is Changing?
- Parking Structure 2 and Creason Lot will be used exclusively for paid public parking all day Nov. 30-Dec. 1.
- The surface lots around Diddle Arena, South Lawn Lot,and Russellville Road Lot and some on-street parking on Avenue of Champions will be reserved parking for KHSAA officials and media Nov. 30-Dec. 1.
- Parking Structure 1 will be used for paid public parking beginning with the 3 p.m. game on Friday, Nov. 30, and will be used for paid parking all day Saturday, Dec. 1. Changes also will be made to Topper Transit services during this event.
Where Can I Park?
- WKU faculty and staff members displaced from on-street parking on Avenue of Champions, lots around Diddle Arena, South Lawn Lot, or Russellville Road Lot for Friday’s games should utilize PS1, Jones-Jaggers, Service Supply, Mimosa, Adams Street, Kentucky Street Paved Lot, and other lots on campus. To improve access and traffic congestion, please note the University Boulevard entrance of PS1 will be closed. The Avenue of Champions side of PS1 will be used entering and the Avenue of Champions and College Heights Blvd exits will both be available for use. For Friday, Nov. 30, only, faculty and staff may park in the Alumni Square Garage.
- WKU Housing students who normally use Creason Lot should park in other housing lots or Chestnut South Lot. Cars parked in the Creason Lot must be removed by 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29. Vehicles remaining in the lot after 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, will be fined $100.
- WKU commuter students who normally use Parking Structure 2 or Chestnut South Lot should park in other Commuter lots on campus, such as the Center Street Gravel Lot, or utilize available park and ride lots at South Campus. Buses run from the Campbell Lane and South Campus lots every 5 to 8 minutes. For Friday, Nov. 30, only, commuter students may also park in the Alumni Square Garage.
Will Traffic Patterns Change?
With more than 35,000 fans expected on campus over the two days, traffic on and around campus will be more congested than usual. Guests are being directed to use University Boulevard to access event parking lots.
The Diddle Arena side of Avenue of Champions (left lane only) will be closed from North Diddle Lot through the DUC construction area. Beginning at Smith Stadium, the right lane will be closed for bus parking and the left lane will open for through traffic.
After each game, traffic exiting PS2 will be directed north onto University Blvd. to Kentucky Street. Traffic exiting PS1 will be directed east onto College Heights Blvd. Traffic exiting the Creason Lot will be directed south on Creason Drive to Emmett Avenue.
For Those Attending the Games
For students, fans, school officials, and others coming to Bowling Green, visit http://www.wku.edu/gridiron/.
November 26th -November 30th
November 26th - November 30th
Lady Toppers play Thurs 11/20. Hilltoppers play Sat 11/22
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,