Kentucky Medical Group Management Association Fall Conference 2012
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Date: September 20th and 21st
Preparing for ICD-10. Bradley Carter, SVMIC.
- Deadline for implementation has been delayed to Oct 2014.
- Materials for assisting in conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 including forward and backward mapping. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/2013-ICD-10-CM-and-GEMs.html
- Recommends 3-6 months of revenue as “cushion” to deal with anticipated payment delays during conversion.
Deal Breakers in Payer Contracts. Penny Noyes, Health Business Navigators
- Discussion of most common payer contract items that can be detrimental to our practice
- Proposed alternative language that protects practice’s interests
- Monitoring that payments reflect negotiated terms of agreement
Washington Legislative Update. Jeb Shepard, MGMA Government Affairs
- Current political landscape – Affordable Care Act, Sustainable Growth Rate
- Federal Quality Reporting Systems update.
- General compliance and administrative simplification updates.
KMGMA Business Meeting
- New officers installed
- 2 officers are from local practices
- Traci Duff (CHC) is President Elect
- Steve Sinclair (Graves-Gilbert) Treasurer
Kentucky Implementation of the Health Insurance Exchange & Consumer Protections.
- The exchange is a work in progress. Only skeleton of program has been defined. The exchange is scheduled to be operational in 2014.
- More information here: http://healthcarereform.ky.gov/
- KY Navigators will assist business and individuals in accessing insurance through the exchange.
KY’s New Prescription Drug Law and Upcoming State Legislative Issues. Cory Meadows, KMA
- CME requirement for prescribers: 1.5 hrs in 2013 and 1.5 hrs in 2014. Topics include KASPER use, substance abuse screening and testing, etc…
- Sanctions – may include civil liabilities for prescribers.
- KBML fact sheets on website offer guidance, but read HB1 & KBML regs.
You've probably heard of "runner's high" and "yoga bliss" -- feelings of euphoria that can come after periods of exercise. And maybe you've heard people talk about how they "have" to work out -- as though if they didn't exercise, they'd suffer severe phy
If you thought smoking a joint occasionally was OK, a new study released Tuesday suggests you might want to reconsider.
(CNN) -- Juicing -- if you believe its avid fans -- is a great way to detox the body, prevent disease and lose weight.
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets