Job Opening: Accounts Associate
|Author: Terri F.|
Date: Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
|Return to Archive|
WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Western Kentucky University, Health Services, is seeking applicants for an Accounts Associate. This positions primary job function is to assists patients with private payment accounts for WKU Health Services. Provide education, and assist with development and administration of payment plans. To assist with the billing and collections process for Health Services. Provide exemplary customer services. This position reports to the Insurance and Billing Coordinator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Greets and assists all patients in a courteous and professional manner
- Checks out patients in Practice Management system
- Enters all charges into Practice Management system
- Accepts private pay payments received in the mail from Check-in Medical Account Associates and posts daily. Reviews and updates banner holds and notes in Practice Management
- Assists Check-In Medical Accounts Associates in receiving insurance cards, scanning cards in system, noting accounts, collecting co-pay amounts if applicable and releasing holds if applicable
- Ensures daily batches are totaled (payments and charges) and balanced then given to the Accounts Receivable staff member for posting
- Scans batch and self pay payments into Electronic Filing system on a daily basis
- Answers phone regarding self-pay balances and accept credit card payments on the phone
- Writes out and give student visit slips as needed throughout the day
- Checks the appointments throughout the day to ensure tickets are keyed and patients are checked out in a timely manner
- Councils self pay patients on a daily basis regarding setting up payment plans and resolving existing balances
- Responsible for obtaining insurance benefits for patient interested in Implanon Birth Control. Notifies patients of benefits, orders the product and ensures applicable deductible, copay or coinsurance amounts are collected before the procedure is performed
- Applies Prompt Pay Discount, PPD Payment Plan and other adjustments
- Serves as a liaison between patients and insurance companies providing relevant information needed to expedite claims, sending corrected claims and appeals
- Educates patients regarding insurance payments on their accounts and why a self-pay balance may exist
- Coordinates bursar hold activities for Health Services
- Checks, reconciles and posts OPP on-line payments on a daily basis
- Totals credit card machine and big red machine at the end of the day
- Schedule patients with follow-up appointments
- Creates and updates payment plan reports and OPP on-line payment reports to supervisor on a monthly basis
- Prints and mails payment plan reminders to all budget accounts
- Prints and mails letters to patients with a balance over 90 days due
- Calls and notifies patients who have a balance over 180 days due
- Assists with marketing services and educating new students and families regarding payment types accepted at WKUHS
- Participates in staff development and training sessions
- Actively and independently seeks out relevant professional growth opportunities to assure current knowledge. This may take the form of classes, seminars, reading material, audio tapes, and/or conferences
- Performs other duties as assigned by Insurance and Billing Coordinator
- Serve as backup for posting insurance checks
- Serves as back up to Insurance Coordinator in answering student workers claims/account questions
- Two years of post-secondary education in Business and/or Health Care
- Experience with insurance and billing in a Medical practice
- Experience in a fast paced Medical practice
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exemplary interpersonal/customer skills
- Good math and accounting skills
- Complete understanding of MS Office programs
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- This position may require long periods of sitting, standing, computer use or long periods on your feet
- Requires continuous follow up, communication and attention to detail
- Self-directed, motivated, and a critical thinker
- Ability to multitask and stay focused is essential
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines is essential
- Willingness to collaborate, work through conflict, and communicate directly is an integral skill Mental and physical stamina and flexibility to meet the demands of a busy group practice and meet the expectations of Management
- Assists with patient registration when necessary
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. In addition to the online application interested candidates must submit a cover letter, a current resume along with names, addresses, and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply: http://asaweb.wku.edu/sjobs. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Reference requisition number S3278. To ensure full consideration submit application materials by June 4th, 2012. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270)
March 10th to March 14th
Make this year's spring break memorable by having fun and staying safe. Below is a guide to help you make safe choices during spring break.
Banishing belly fat and taking back your health, while eating the foods you love. 5 calorie-saving tips.
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets