RELATED LINKSL.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
WKU Floral Design Training Center
Back to Ogden College
Department of Agriculture Open House
Dear Prospective Student,
Believe it or not it is time to think about where you are going to college. Western Kentucky University (WKU) would love for you to be a student on “The Hill.”
The Department of Agriculture at WKU is inviting you to our Open House on Saturday, December 3, 2016.
Why should you attend the WKU Agriculture Department Open House? The answer is simple. This will be a great opportunity for you to become acquainted with the campus, farm, faculty and student organizations at WKU. One of the most important advantages to Open House is the opportunity to apply to WKU and know prior to attending Open House that you have been admitted. Being admitted early will allow you to sign up for an early Topper Orientation Program (TOP) date, which increases the chances of obtaining a preferred class schedule your first semester. In addition, several scholarships will be awarded to students that attend Open House.
Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. and last until 8:15 a.m. CST at the L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center located on the University Farm. Directions are included in this brochure. Prior to Open House you must complete the online admissions application, due by Monday, November 30 (with all supporting documents submitted). Please complete the application in its entirety.
To be admitted to WKU, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- ACT composite of 20 or greater
- Unweighted high school GPA of 2.50 or higher, or
- Achieve the required Composite Admission Index (CAI) score
- In other cases, contact the Admissions Office.
If you have any questions regarding admission requirements, you may visit the WKU Admissions website at http://www.wku.edu/atwku/admissions.php.
To be eligible for Agriculture scholarships awarded at Open House, you MUST bring a copy of the following:
- Completed Department of Agriculture scholarship application (enclosed or found at http://www.wku.edu/agriculture/scholarships.php)
- Official High School Transcript from your school’s guidance office
- Two letters of reference
- List of activities, honors, and offices held in school, church, FFA, 4-H, and other organizations
- A narrative sharing your future goals and plans, why you need financial assistance, and any other considerations you wish to share with the selection committee
- Results of your ACT or SAT
Tours will include the WKU campus and University Farm. Workshops will be provided by the WKU Admissions Office. A luncheon will follow.
Students who wish to participate should return the enclosed registration form by Thursday, November 24, 2016 via mail to the address on the form, online at www.wku.edu/agriculture or via fax to (270) 745-5972.
If you have any questions please contact the Agriculture Department at (270) 745-3151.
We look forward to seeing you in December!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,