Healthy on the Hill - Messages
Message from the Director of Campus Recreation and Wellness Steve Rey - 2020 Summer Preston Center Opening
- Steve Rey
- Thursday, July 2nd, 2020
The Raymond B. Preston Health and Activities Center will be open to its patrons and guests beginning on Monday, July 13, 2020 and operating on a modified schedule throughout the months of July and August.
This modified schedule is based on the availability of our student workforce and the state/university guidelines.
Preston Center access for children 14 and under will be suspended through the Month of August.
Steps To Access The Preston Center
All members and guests will be required to wear a protective mask as followed:
- Arrival – No Mask! No Entry!
- If you are not exercising or taking part in a physical activity you must wear your mask at all times. This is inclusive of locker rooms, bathrooms, offices, meeting rooms, common spaces and all face-to-face interactions which will require a minimum 6’ social distancing separation.
- When departing the fitness areas, racquetball courts, walking track, and natatorium (pool) you must wear your mask.
- Departure – Before leaving the Preston Center we encourage all members and guests to wash their hands or utilize the sanitizing stations located throughout the facility.
All members and guests must verify that they do not have any of the 9 conditions listed on the COVID-19 Daily Health Checklist. It is imperative that if any member or guest has any doubt about their condition they should not put others in harm’s way by coming to the Preston Center.
- No Verification! No Entry!
All members will be required to present their membership identification card prior to entering the facility.
- No ID! No Entry!
- One time complimentary passes to members have been suspended through the Month of August due to facility capacity limitations.
- Guest Passes may be suspended on a daily basis due to facility capacity limitations.
Hours of Operation
The Preston Center will be open during the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
The Natatorium (Pool) will be open during the hours of 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lap Swimming Only! One Swimmer per Lane!
The Dance Studio will be open for Group Exercise classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Maximum capacity of 10 members per class
The Fitness Center, Racquetball Courts, Walking Track, and Natatorium (Pool) are the only areas of the facility that will be accessible to patrons and guests for activity.
- Fitness Center – all cardio equipment needing electrical power, strength equipment, and free weights
Closed on M-W-F from 11 a.m. to Noon
Closed on T-T from Noon to 1 p.m.
- Blue Courts – all self-propelled cardio equipment, selectorized equipment, and deadlifting weights
Closed on M-W-F from Noon to 1 p.m.
Closed on T-T from 11 a.m. to Noon
Note: Fitness Center and Blue Courts are closed during these time periods for sanitizing.
- Racquetball Courts – Racquetball Only! Must provide your own equipment! Maximum capacity of 2 per court with 4 courts available!
- Walking Track – Inside Lane for Walkers Only! Outside Lane for Runners Only! Middle Lane of the Track is for Passing Only! Walkers and Running Lanes are clearly marked on the track.
Locker Rooms will be accessible to our patrons and guests as long as the social distancing policy (6 feet separation) is adhered to.
Showers will not be available to our patrons and guests.
Day Lockers and Equipment Check-Out will not be available to our patrons and guests.
2020 Summer Membership Fees (July 13 – August 23, 2020)
- Free - 2020 Spring Semester Full-Time Students
- Free - 2020 Spring Graduates
- Free – WKU Pay Roll Deductee Members (Monthly, Semi-Monthly, Bi-Weekly) for the Month of July
- Free – All faculty, staff, retirees, and alumni who purchased a 2020 Spring Semester Membership
- $35 – 2020 Spring Semester Part-Time Students, Incoming 2020 Fall Semester Students (Must Be Enrolled In Classes), Faculty, Staff, Retirees, and Alumni
- $5 – Guests Passes
Note: WKU Pay Roll Deductions for Preston Center Memberships will not be activated until August 1, 2020.
Note: All Annual Membership expiration dates will be extended by the number of months we were closed not to exceed 4 months based on your membership anniversary date.
For Additional Information
Please check our website (https://www.wku.edu/crw) and social media outlets regarding updates on our facility hours, program offerings, and services provided.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in adhering to the policies that will be in place as we work to make our re-opening as safe as possible.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call upon me.
Director of Campus Recreation & Wellness