- Can I make payments to my WKU Health Services account online?
- No, please call 270-745-5641, option 2 to speak with a billing representative.
- Do I need to make an appointment?
- No, we accept walk-ins, but your wait time will be shorter with an appointment.
- What happens if I am late for an appointment?
- Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes late for an appointment may be asked to reschedule their visit.
- What happens if I miss my appointment?
- You may be charged a $15.00 no show fee.
- How do I refill my prescription?
- Call 270-745-5641 a, press option #3 .
- What services are offered at WKU Health Services?
- Primary and acute care services are available. We also offer lab, x-ray, physicals, drug screenings, immunizations, mental health services, colposcopys, health education services and more!
- What if I do not have insurance?
- While Health Services accepts most insurance plans, we see any student with or without insurance. If a student doesn't have insurance we work with them. Discounts are sometimes offered to students with no insurance that are able to pay on date of service. Please stop in to speak with someone for more information.
- Will I receive an absentee slip if I receive treatment at WKU Health Services?
- Absentee slips are provided for students who are seen by one of our providers. They are issued for the date of the appointment only. Policies on excused absences and make-up work are determined by individual professors.
- What should I bring when I visit WKU Health Services?
- Form of identification (Big Red ID or Driver's License), Current Insurance Card, Method of Payment.
- What methods of payment are accepted at WKU Health Services?
- In addition to cash and check, we accept Master Card, Visa and Discover.
- What will I be "paying" for at time of service?
- Co-pay and/or medication(s); or at least 20% of charges if not filing insurance.
- What if I cannot pay 20% at the time of service?
- The billing and insurance coordinator can work with you to make payment arrangements.
- Where do I go if WKU Health Services is closed?
Medical Center Urgent Care -- 270.781.3910
Greenwood Urgent Clinic -- 270.843.5662
Medical Center Hospital -- 270.745.1000
Greenview Regional Hospital -- 270.793.1000
If you have a serious medical emergency, dial 911. Be prepared to give your name, your exact location, and the nature of your injury or illness.
- What privacy can I expect at WKU Health Services?
- No information will be disclosed without your written permission unless required by state or federal law.
- WKU Health Services has put a hold on my account and I need to register for classes?
If you have a registration hold from WKU Health Services, it is due to one of the following reasons:
1) You have an unpaid balance from WKU Health Services. This hold may be released by paying the balance in full.
2) You did not bring your insurance card at the time of of your visit.
3) You did not pay your co-pay or 20% of balance if not filing insurance at the time of your visit.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,