Easy to access.
Easy to understand.
Easy to afford.
WKU Student Legal Services
WKU SLS will provide students a range of typical legal services, including advice and consultation, drafting of letters and legal documents, conference and settlement negotiations with adverse parties, legal research, review and interpretation of legal documents, assistance for filing of legal documents, and some selected representation in court through referrals.
The areas of law covered by WKU SLS include:
- Criminal/ Traffic Violations (Limited to select violations)
- Family Law
- Small Claims and consumer credit
- Estate Planning
Cases that will NOT be covered by WKU SLS include:
- Business activities of students
- Immigration and naturalization
- Incorporation and partnerships
- Income Tax
- Personal Injury and Property Damage
- Felony Charges and most misdemeanors
- Patent, trademark or copyright
- Real Estate
WKU SLS can offer services to any student currently enrolled in at WKU so long as the legal issue falls within the menu of services above and the representation doesn't involve:
- Claims against Western Kentucky University, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or any of its agencies;
- Disputes between Western Kentucky University Students;
- Matters the attorney believes to be clearly frivolous, without merit or would otherwise violate the rules regulating the Kentucky Bar;
- Disputes in which the amount in controversy is under $100.00 or exceeds $15,000.00; and/or
- Court claims and representation outside of Warren County.
Western Kentucky University
Student Legal Services
1906 College Heights Blvd.
Tate Page Room 252
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,