- Take the GRE - preferably sometime in the July through November "window" of the year prior to your matriculation (e.g. July 2015 for Fall 2016). Test dates can be found on GRE web site. It is highly recommended that you register for a test date and site as early as possible. Prime test dates and sites WILL fill up quickly. You must plan ahead!
- Apply Early - VMCAS permits applicants to create an account and begin entering information in mid-May. Although files may not be reviewed by admissions staff until GRE scores are received in early August, they will often send the secondary (supplemental) application to you, especially if you are in-state. You should get your application in by mid-July. By the end of August, the schools have already received a couple of hundred applications. Do not wait until the application deadline!
- VMCAS - Go to the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS) Web Site for more details. VMCAS verifies the accuracy of the information in the application, reproduces the information and sends it to the schools you indicate. Auburn University, Tuskegee University, and University of Tennessee (Knoxville) each utilize VMCAS. The charge is $195 for the first school and $100 for each additional school that you apply to. Application to 5 schools would cost $595.
- Have transcripts sent to VMCAS. VMCAS begins accepting transcripts in June. An official transcript must be sent from the Registrar's Office of every school you attended, even study abroad and summer courses, directly to VMCAS. WKU has an online request form at http://www.wku.edu/registrar/transcript_request.php
- The application includes an essay or "personal statement". Don't procrastinate writing your essay. You should begin months before you submit to VMCAS. Have peers and faculty proofread and criticize. You can also utilize the Writing Center in Cherry Hall
- See your advisor about setting up the letter of evaluation (LOE) process. At least one of the letters should be written by a Veterinarian and one should be written by a Professor (Science). LOEs are typically sent to VMCAS.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,