- Take the GRE - preferably sometime in the April through June "window" of the year prior to your matriculation (eg. April 2015 for Fall 2016). Test dates can be found on GRE web site. It is highly recommended that you register for a test date and site as early as possible. Prime test dates and sites WILL fill up quickly. You must plan ahead!!!
- Apply Early - CASPA permits applicants to create an account and begin entering information around the second week of April. Although files may not be reviewed by admissions staff until GRE scores are received, they will often send the secondary (supplemental) application to you, especially if you are in-state. You should get your application in by mid-May. By the end of June, schools have already received a couple of hundred applications. PA program application deadlines vary, significantly. Do not wait until the application deadline!
- CASPA - Go to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) Web Site for more details. CASPA verifies the accuracy of the information in the application, reproduces the information and sends it to the schools you indicate. UK, BU, LMU, UT and TNU utilize CASPA. The charge is $175 for the first school and $50 for each additional school that you apply to. Application to 5 schools would cost $375.
- Have transcripts sent to CASPA. CASPA begins accepting transcripts in April. An official transcript must be sent from the Office of the Registrar of every school you attended, even study abroad and summer courses, directly to CASPA. WKU has an online request form at http://www.wku.edu/registrar/transcript_request.php.
- The application includes an essay or "personal statement". Don't procrastinate writing your essay. You should begin months before you submit to CASPA. Have peers and faculty proofread and criticize. You can also utilize the Writing Center in Cherry Hall.
- See your advisor about setting up the letter of evaluation (LOE) process. At least one of the letters should be written by a Physician Assistant and one should be written by a Professor (Science). LOEs are typically sent to CASPA.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,