Sarah Schrader, a 2011 Goldwater Scholar, works in Dr. Rodney King's lab. Schrader plans to pursue a Ph.D. in molecular biology or genetics and to become a research scientist in genetics.
Brittany Morgan, a 2011 Goldwater Scholar, works in Dr. Kevin Williams' lab. Morgan hopes to earn a Ph.D. in biochemistry.
Clarice Esch, a 2011 EPA Greater Research Opportunities Fellow, works in the greenhouse with Dr. Martin Stone. Esch has been researching methods to utilize lichens to reduce the need for nitrogen-based fertilizers.
What is research/creative engagement?
It is original work, new ideas, and your contribution to the university, the community,
the nation, and the world
Why should I do it?
Research can help you to gain real world experience, develop valuable skills, and
become more a more attractive scholarship candidate or graduate/professional school
How do I get started?
- Check out our list of scholarships and other opportunities.
- Talk with faculty members in your major.
- Check with your home department.
- Call 270.745.5043 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Audra Jennings.
- Attend OSD information sessions and workshops. See our Events page for more information.