Motorcycle and Scooter Parking
Motorcycle and Scooter Parking Policy
Customers parking motorcycles, mopeds, or scooters on campus.
Motorcycle – a two wheeled motorized vehicle. For the purposes of this policy, motorcycles, mopeds, and motorized scooters are all considered motorcycles.
- All motorcycles must be registered through the Parking and Transportation Services
- If a license plate is not available, the vehicle VIN or serial number must be utilized.
- In lieu of a VIN or Serial Number, a WKU identification sticker, available from PTS, may be utilized if it is permanently affixed to the vehicle.
- Parking permits are issued according to customer eligibility. Permits issued are
standard hangtags or motorcycle parking stickers.
- Secure permit sleeves for standard hangtags are available, at cost, at the Parking and Transportation Services office.
- Permits must be displayed while vehicle is parked on campus.
Motorcycles may park in designated motorcycle parking spaces in any Premium, Non-premium, Commuter, Housing, or All Permits zones.
- Motorcycle spaces are indicated by “Cycle Parking” painted on the pavement and/or “Cycle Parking” signs.
- Designated motorcycle parking spaces are intended to accommodate more than one motorcycle.
- Vehicles must be parked wholly within designated motorcycle parking spaces.
- If a motorcycle stall is full, the permit holder must go to another motorcycle parking area where space is available.
- A map of designated motorcycle parking spaces can be found HERE.
- Motorcycles may also be parked in any standard space in the zone that corresponds to the driver’s hangtag.
- If the driver has not purchased a hangtag, the motorcycle must be parked in a designated cycle parking stall.
Motorcycles are specifically prohibited from:
- Driving and/or parking on sidewalks
- Parking at bicycle racks
Motorcycles are subject to all parking citations such as yellow zones, fire lanes, disability parking, etc.